• 1492821482841.jpg
    1492821482841.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Better go and buy a lottery ticket, seems luck is on your side.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about the ring? Did you find that HUGE diamond ring she lost?.....Better go back again.....:thumbsup::laughing7:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG! -
I GOT THAT ONE BEAT - MOST PEOPLE THAT KNOW ME - IM A WATER HUNTER (NOW ..DID LAND FOR ABOUT MY FIRST 20 YRS IN THE HOBBY)
- YOU WILL RARELY EVER SEE ME ON WET SAND OR DRY
BUT ONE DAY AT ONE OF MY FAV SPOTS - TIDE WAS GOING OUT - I GET READY TO WALK IN - I PUT MY COIL DOWN AND PUT HEADPHONES ON AND TURN MY MACHINE ON - I WAS USING MY OLD PI AT THE TIME AND ALWAYS RAN WITH A FAINT HUM - BUT WHEN I TURNED IT ON I GOT A STEADY SOUND - LIFTED OFF THE GROUND - GOES AWAY - PUT BACK DOWN - ITS GOIN OFF - SO I OF COURSE MOVE TO THE SIDE AND IT GOES AWAY - STUPID - YOU SET IT DOWN ON TOP OF A TARGET - I SCOOP IT (NOT BELIEVING ITS GONNA BE ANYTHING GOOD - IM IN THE WET SAND AND WATER IS BARELY REACHING MY COIL AND THIS PLACE GETS POUNDED BY THE WET SAND GUYS) AFTER 2 SCOOPS IM SURPRISED TO SEE A LARGE MENS BAND IN THE BOTTOM OF MY SCOOP- WOW - FIRST TARGET AND DARN LUCKY THATS WHERE I DECIDED TO ENTER THE WATER. IM HAPPY - MET THE QUOTA - REST IS GRAVY.
I GO INTO THE WATER WTH A SMILE - DETECT FOR LIKE 4 HRS - NO MORE GOLD BUT SOME SILVER JEWELRY AND LOAD OF CHANGE. I HEAD BACK OUT RIGHT WHERE I CAME IN - I ENTERED ABOUT 2 HRS BEFORE LOW AND GOT OUT BOUT 2HRS AFTER SO I COULD SEE WHERE I GOT THE GOLD BAND.
NORMALLY I WILL SLIDE MY HEADPHONES OFF AND TURN MACHINE OFF AS I GET IN THE 1-2 INCH WATER AREA (THOSE THAT USE PIs KNOW THAT WATER RUNNING OVER YOUR COIL WILL GIVE A SIGNAL) BUT I KEPT ON SWINGING - GOT ABOUT 2 FEET FROM THE RING SPOT - I GET ANOTHER GOOD TARGET - SCOOP AND I GET SMALLER MATCHING GOLD BAND - COULDNT BELIEVE IT. OF COURSE I THEN CHECKED ALL AROUND THE SPOT TO SEE IF THERE WAS MORE - AS I WAS HEADING OUT - BUNCH OF THE WET SAND HUNTERS WERE HEADING IN - THEY WOULD HAVE CERTAINLY GOTTEN THOSE HAD I NOT

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was water hunting with Bigmike last weekend and he got a matching set hours apart....Ive done it about 3 or 4 times and sometimes the pair was pretty far from each other....my matching sets were all junk....not common but it happens.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Actually a bit more common than "Not in a million years". Ladies take off both earrings and carefully place on blanket for safe keeping. Later after a nap they shake the sand off and guess what off the blanket.

My twin experience was a bit different. Near the lifeguard tower found a nice silver ring with a green jade stone. I said wow as I put it in my pocket. I turn around and BANG..another ring...also silver and also a green jade stone. I say WOW again and slip it into my pocket....and as I detect along the beach I'm concocting all sort of scenarios of how 2 identical rings are lost. Hmm..maybe twin sisters. After a couple hours when I reach into my pocket to compare the rings...I find only one! YEAH..I found the same ring twice...after it didn't make my pocket!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its funny how we do that about finds - try and figure it out
Im hoping my case the husband put them in his bathing suit pocket and lost them sitting in the surf
but then I thought maybe a widow or widower buried them there cause its was there favorite spot and did it
after their partner passed - not a happy thought for me but if I did not get them - someone else would have

Actually a bit more common than "Not in a million years". Ladies take off both earrings and carefully place on blanket for safe keeping. Later after a nap they shake the sand off and guess what off the blanket.

My twin experience was a bit different. Near the lifeguard tower found a nice silver ring with a green jade stone. I said wow as I put it in my pocket. I turn around and BANG..another ring...also silver and also a green jade stone. I say WOW again and slip it into my pocket....and as I detect along the beach I'm concocting all sort of scenarios of how 2 identical rings are lost. Hmm..maybe twin sisters. After a couple hours when I reach into my pocket to compare the rings...I find only one! YEAH..I found the same ring twice...after it didn't make my pocket!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like his earings - was not the fact they were a set but were first and last finds of the day
in Mex. I found matching mens and womens silver wedding bands like 5 feet apart - they looked pretty new
so thought they probably bought down there and in this case husband or wife were carrying both so "they wouldnot lose them"
lost them - we think of different reasons people actually lose rings in the water -
skin/fingers shrink
lotion on fingers allows to slip off -
throwing ball or other items while in the water
swimming
but one lot of people don't think of - many people forget to take it off on shore or smarter leave at home
and they see ocean fish swimming round them and possibly remember that they should not wear shiney
objects in the water and then take It off and put in their pocket or inside their bathing suit
Ive heard of more than one story of bathers getting bitten on ring finger and a few of getting their medallion ripped off their neck
most they said were by barracudas - ive seen people actually pull their ring off and place in their pockets while in the water
ive told some (I know - some are saying"stupid") that they should just wear a bandaid over it

I was water hunting with Bigmike last weekend and he got a matching set hours apart....Ive done it about 3 or 4 times and sometimes the pair was pretty far from each other....my matching sets were all junk....not common but it happens.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scooped two gold rings in one scoop a couple of years ago...they still had suntan lotion up in the hollow areas under the settings....so I know why they were lost...Ive found several for guys that were throwing footballs...one for a guy that threw his kid in the air...another for a guy that stuck his hand down in the sand while sitting in shallow water...when he pulled his hand out the ring came off but he didn't know it at the time...found it for him the next day and it took me a while to find it.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:

I can't believe it but I did the exact same thing this year. Only thing was I didn't realize it until I got home and looked for an hour for the second identical ring...Daaa.

JC Florida

Dec 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
When I find an ear ring with the back still on it I always scourer the area. There's a good chance that someone carefully took them off before going in the water and placed them on a towel for safe keeping. Of course they forgot the plan when they shook the sand out of the towel while packing up inadvertently scattered them on the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread