Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bought a bunch for land places to hit when I was younger but use them for water now
Ive used books from this company in the past - I'm sure some others might have too
but bet many have not
not only for land spots but usually show old pics of old swim spots too
https://www.arcadiapublishing.com/se...160827104005:s

put your state in the search bar - some of these can be found at Barnes & Noble usually
and some of your libraries may have some too

Upvote 0

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I bought one for my home town in Keller, TX! Can't say I found any places to hunt but enjoyed the read!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they first started them - they started in the new England states mostly - most of the ones from around here have at least a couple of old fresh water swimming spots in them - some have any and most of the ones they show are gone - only prob is - lot of them are over grown and mucky bottoms
but there are more than a few "gold mines" out there - my home town one used to have a raft about 50 yrds out - problem is
water under where it was is like 25 ft deep - but I could do it with my scuba or hookah - BUT - the bottom has about 2 ft of green slime on it before you
hit solid ground - I tried yrs ago to get out there - I sank up to my waist when I was in 10 ft of water and had to struggle to get out -
guarantee its a gold mine (it was a popular spot 75 yrs ago) - but you'd need a boat with a mail box to blow all that ooze out of there before you could hit it
there are lots of others I have found in those books with long gone sots that were popular 100 yrs ago - I will try and do a few this year
hopefully will have something to show

I bought one for my home town in Keller, TX! Can't say I found any places to hunt but enjoyed the read!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread