What An AMAZING & INSPIRING Conversation This Was

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fellas, keep your fingers crossed because it appears that the some community leaders are catching on. I just made a phone call this morning to a distant place where there are three municipal beaches on three different lakes within the same city park system, I made that call prior to running up there to make sure that metal detecting was allowed and you're not going to believe what I was told.

Well, the answer was yes, they do allow it...and even better...the lady told me, and I quote, "we even encourage it as we have discovered that it helps keep our beaches clean and free from trash." The only requirement they ask is that detectorist apply the "leave no trace" policy and they respect the rights of other beach users. Now how refreshing is that! :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found one with common sense, a rare beast indeed.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is hope for this country.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Info, Think you can get them to spread the "Good " word? What state is this and do they share positives with neighboring states? Go enjoy your good news and Happy Hunting!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Info, Think you can get them to spread the "Good " word? What state is this and do they share positives with neighboring states? Go enjoy your good news and Happy Hunting!:icon_thumright:

Let's just say that it's a full day trip for me...:laughing7:...and that I can only hope they spread the good cheer and their reasons for doing so. I'm even considering doing a video where the Parks people become my eyes and ears inside the headphones just so they can see first hand just how much "trash" and "liabilities" responsible detectorist remove from their parks, etc. Might be good to let them live the total experience....I just have to figure out how to do that?

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Well that is always a nice thing to hear; but it sounds pretty well cleaned up already. LOL

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we clone her and send them around the country (or world)? :icon_thumleft:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THEY WERE GOING TO TRY BANNING IT OVER HERE A FEW YRS BACK - I SENT THEM ABOUT 20 PICS OF TRASH THAT I PULLED FROM BEACHES - SENT THEM PICS OF BROKEN GLASS I TOOK OUT - AND OF KNIVES, HOOKS AND OTHER SHARP OBJECTS RETRIEVED ALONG WITH A HANDFUL OF RETURNED ITEM PICS
WE HAVE A "STAY OF EXECUTION" RIGHT NOW - NOT MANY PEOPLE DO IT - BUT YOU SHOULD TRY AND TAKE PICS LIKE THIS AND STORE IN A FOLDER
YOU NEVER KNOW DOWN THE ROAD WHEN THEY MAY COME IN HANDY
IF I HIT THOSE BEACHES YOU ARE THINKING OF DOING - I'D MAKE A POINT OF SAVING ALL THE TRASH AND SHOWING IT TO THEM - HOPEFULLY YOU'LL STAY IN THEIR GOOD GRACES :icon_thumleft:

Fellas, keep your fingers crossed because it appears that the some community leaders are catching on. I just made a phone call this morning to a distant place where there are three municipal beaches on three different lakes within the same city park system, I made that call prior to running up there to make sure that metal detecting was allowed and you're not going to believe what I was told.

Well, the answer was yes, they do allow it...and even better...the lady told me, and I quote, "we even encourage it as we have discovered that it helps keep our beaches clean and free from trash." The only requirement they ask is that detectorist apply the "leave no trace" policy and they respect the rights of other beach users. Now how refreshing is that! :icon_thumright:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And where is this beach ? ? ?

:P~

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've done that very thing. It's good to show the lifeguards the trash and sharp objects your extracting from the beach.
Or parks!

Last edited:

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
now that is awesome!! :hello2:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; THANK GOD.!!! A Bureaucrat with common sense. I'm stunned and elated.!!! Can you give me their phone number so that I may talk to them and ask them directly to spread the good word. Here in Mass it's like prying teeth from Pirahna.!!! I never thought I'd see this day. It's like the Second Coming.!!! BRAVO, BRAVO.!!! Keep it up. Let Us know how you do. PEACE:RONB :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions