Best scoop for Knee to waist deep wading???
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Aug 2005
    E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
    40 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Best scoop for Knee to waist deep wading???

What is the best scoop you've used for detecting in knee to waist deep water, and please tell why. I need a new scoop, and don't want to waist money on one that I end up replacing because it is lame.

Thanks!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29821 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Best scoop for Knee to waist deep wading???

LOL, that is like asking what is best detector, your going to get different opinions. I use the beach brute, I like it as it has a wide and deep mouth, I nicknamed it my "backhoe". You can get them from KellyCo and other locations. I got mine used off of EBay. ($90)

Another good one I saw being used at beach is made by Nuttall Enterprises. I saw it at Daytona Beach and it appears to be very well made and a good design Here is a link .

http://www.nuttallenterprises.com/servlet/StoreFront

Your going to pay for a good one, they are not cheap, but they cost no more then the several cheap ones you will buy and break. I broke my first one, bought a "Zeke Scoop", then got the beach brute and my "Zeke" scoop is my backup now. I don't think Zeke is making them any longer.

Good luck and good hunting.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Nov 2005
    Excalibur,
    2 times

whats scoop is the best, what kind hunting your doing , like metal detecting whats the best water detector, everyone has one they like the best, the all S.S. one are very heavy, but will hold up in all type of hunting, hard pack sand, muck, dirt and stones digging, some has large opening and other small. also is most your hunting going to be in fresh water or salt, hunting for new lost items or hunting places that are old and the items are deep. new lost items i go with a lighter weight scoop. deeper older places i go with the better built scoop. i think most of us that water hunt have one then one scoop of the places they hunt, my scoop is 6.5 pounds, i use most the time in salt water and older lakes. when i hunt the newer swimming area . for new lost items i use the much lighter weight scoop. i say look around ask people like your doing, see whats on the market, size shape, kind of handle woood, S.S., then pick one. if you dont like you can always sell it here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 011.jpg 
Views:	605 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	7339   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 011.jpg 
Views:	591 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	145330  

Jan 2006
    Excalibur 1000, Whites IDX Pro

Recently bought the one from Nuttal Enterprises. Very very rugged. Like all SS Scoops it is on the heavy side but so far I love it. HH, Glory-Days

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29821 times

Mine weighs just over 6 lbs, and it is like having a backhoe, which is why i nicknamed it "My Backhoe". It can dig a deep hole fairly quickly when needed.

I did like the looks of the Nuttall and the hunter who had it loved it.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3972 times

I've used many different scoops and have settled on the one by Sunspot products. It's not cheap, but you will only need to buy one for a life time. Larger SS basket and wood handle for floating upright. This is mainly a water scoop and for land you might want the screen type for sifting. I have never broken a handle either.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    #BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    2829 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman
    I've used many different scoops and have settled on the one by Sunspot products. It's not cheap, but you will only need to buy one for a life time. Larger SS basket and wood handle for floating upright. This is mainly a water scoop and for land you might want the screen type for sifting. I have never broken a handle either.
    How heavy is that Sandman? I bet its a lot lighter than the Nutall, with the wood handle causing floatation.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9871 times

Here's who I deal with- http://www.rtgscoops.com/

Let us know what you end up getting.Good luck.

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3972 times

I think the Stealth weighs about 6 pounds, the web site doesn't say either. http://www.sunspotedm.com/beachscoops/thescoop.html

Some of the older ones have smaller holes up front and have the rounded bottom. Being wide like it is it saves time on when you might be off a couple inches on the "pinpoint".
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Jun 2004
    Crystal Beach, Fl and Cumming, Ga
    Excal 1000

the Nuttall scoop is the best it is underpriced and designed very well!!! you can not go wrong with it. It is the only scoop that is radically pointed. It digs like no other. Here is the link
    www.nuttallenterprises.com

JP
    us
    May 2006
    Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
    Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
    12 times
    Banner Finds (1)

The best one out there for the money is the scoop from www.nuttallenterprises.com

It would take a backhoe and a semi truck together to cause it any damage.

The first scoop I had was aluminum and after the first time out it looked like a pretzel.

My second scoop was another stainless model with a rounded lip that just didn't want to dig in where I put it. It just wouldn't cooperate. Expensive and didn't work well.

My third, the Nuttal, worked just how it should. Just placing it in the wet sand it starts to go down naturally. It is worth every cent.

Thanks.

JP
    Adventurer, warrior, mercenary, treasure hunter...

Mar 2005
    Aiea, Hawaii
    Excalibur blue 800 & 1000, Excal II 800 & 1000, White's Dual Field & SMPI Pro, Aquasearch V.1
    1 times

I use a scoop from "Scoops Unlimited", I've had it for about 1-1/2 years now and it's still just about the way it was new. I use the "heavy duty" model - http://www.scoopsunlimited.com/.

us
    Aug 2005
    E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
    40 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Ended up getting the Nutall Enterprises scoop

It's on order - I should get it later this week. I also received my straight shaft for the Excalibur today.

I hope to hit a swimming lagoon later this week!!!!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links