First day finds with new detector!

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Finally got my new Quattro last nite. Got up early and went to the beach for a couple hrs. Didn't have time to read the manual. Just used the factory pre set. Very pleased so far, just have to read more on how to customize some features. Had a hard time pinpointing. Here are a couple pics of the finds, if I can figure out how to download them into the post. If there not on the post, would someone be so kind as to walk me though posting pictures. I have an old Sony camera that uses the 3 1/2" floppy. Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
I see that it wouldn't download the pics again. I keep getting the message "The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator". Someone please help! This is frustrating! LOL

F

Floater

Surf y9u have to down load to the computer then open the file and reduce the image size. then save the new sized photo in a folder on your desktop. in the JPG format. Then when you download the image to the board here Browse and pick Desktop and then the folder and then the file in the folder and it will pop right in. You should be able to get a file size of around 32 to 180 KB to download quickly..Good Luck and Call me you got the # if ya have a problem. HH

M

minelabex1000

Also, here's something I posted elsewhere. Maybe this will also be of some help to you.

It may be everyone already knows this but here it goes.

How to post decent pictures on the Forum. May this bless some struggling soul

To see an example see my posting at: "Best Finds" "Hunted Out Park Finds"

1) Make sure you take your picture in the focus range of your camera.

2) Use sunlight if your camera tends to discolor photos taken indoors.

3) Compress your photos before posting them on the Forum. This means you can upload a bigger picture. It will load fast and people can see what you've found.

To try a photo compressor free, go to this address and download a trial version:

http://www.morpheussoftware.net/photocompressor/

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
I'll try again! Thanks for the help Floater, an Minelabex1000!!

Attachments

• MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    5.3 KB · Views: 255
M

minelabex1000

Good going! Also, you can make your pictures a lot larger.

Do you have IrfanView viewer? It's about the best there is and it's totally FREE.

Just type IrfanView into google and you should find it.

It will display graphics their actual size. Lets you know what you have before posting. Then just make sure you keep your pictures under the allowed file size limit.

Have fun.

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Thanks again Minelab :DI I used the software link you sent earlier. Next time I post some finds, I'll try the other if it's not to complicated 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread