Need a scoop with 1 1/4" shaft size

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A while back I bought a carbon fiber shaft 1 1/4 inch OD thinking it would fit one of my stealth scoops. It's been sitting around for 6 months. It wants a hole to fit into real bad. Any recommendations as to a good scoop? the narrow the better like a 7" wide and light. Would prefer stainless. Thanks!

strick

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Here a couple weeks ago I went on a very impromptu water hunt and forgot to bring my Stealth. So, Indian Steve loaned me his 6" scoop. My Stealth is a 920iX = 9".

Danged it was tough scoop after scoop trying to narrow down the signals.....

Why not a 7" Stealth? But then I absolutely certainly understand the cost issues completely....

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would you consider some kind of sleeve that would adapt the 1.25" handle securely to the Stealth (1.5"iirc)?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The Stealth vendor in Warren, MI will make you one to order to fit the 1 1/4" carbon shaft. Actually my 920iX was to fit 1 1/4", but was a tiny bit looser such that I could fit in a post hole digger handle which was a wee bit over 1 1/4" in diameter.

OP
OP
strick

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Stealth vendor in Warren, MI will make you one to order to fit the 1 1/4" carbon shaft. Actually my 920iX was to fit 1 1/4", but was a tiny bit looser such that I could fit in a post hole digger handle which was a wee bit over 1 1/4" in diameter.

talked to them last week and they told me they only make 1 3/8" handle scoops...I guess I did not ask the right questions! I already have a 920ix and a 720I. I'll call them back and ask about a sleeve. I was wanting to try another brand. They said that the 1 1/4 is for stars scoop. Cant find them on e bay or amazon...

strick

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
talked to them last week and they told me they only make 1 3/8" handle scoops...I guess I did not ask the right questions! I already have a 920ix and a 720I. I'll call them back and ask about a sleeve. I was wanting to try another brand. They said that the 1 1/4 is for stars scoop. Cant find them on e bay or amazon...
strick

Normally I'm "Made in America" all the way. But over the last few years I've seen and read a lot about the SS scoops from the Ukraine (?). They're cheaper than Stealth scoops, deliver fairly quickly considering it's coming from East Europe.

sand scoop - STAVRscoop Stainless Steel SAND SCOOP, for Beach and Water Metal Detecting Hunting

OP
OP
strick

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Just ordered one

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Certainly let us know your experience with the scoop you ordered. My Stealth may not last forever!

Unless you are a fulltime hunter, Yes it will. It'll cost you to get it there but after that the lifetime warranty takes care of everything.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Stavr scoop Monstrik 6 and quite like it.

Ruslan was a good guy to order from, but their mail tracking is different to ours.

Just when you think its not going to show up, it does. LOL.....

I also have a brand new Stealth 720i that I don't remember buying, but found it in my garage earlier this spring. LOL.....

I broke the handle on my Stavr, so now I need to find another one that fits.

Metal Detecting Toys.jpg

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6