Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know why I dont post more often in the beach and shallow water section, but I guess I should because its basically where I hunt the most. I prefer shore line instead of beach because I hunt mangrove swamp, rocky shoreline and tide pools, tidal flats, and sandy beaches. Yesterday I hit a legendary drinking and party spot here in the keys. It is only accessible by boat and one of the best spots to water hunt here in the keys. When I arrived there was one boat there and it was a fellow t-netter. It was great to put a face to the name and finally meet in person. We had talked through pms and over the phone and after meeting yesterday we will definitely be teaming up this summer. I had wanted to collect all the beer caps I could to show how much drinking and partying goes on here but it proved impossible in the end. What I have pictured represents about 1/3 of the beercaps and pull tabs that I actually fanned out. You just cant keep making dumps and swimming hundreds of yards back and forth to the boat. I just start fanning them up and moving on its just to tedious but I always remove a large amount of this stuff everytime I go. So here is the underwater part of my hunt. photo-484.JPG
photo-485.JPG
Bottlecaps and clad
photo-486.JPG photo-487.JPG
Also found a piece of ancient shipwreck wood with bronze spike and other metal encrusted to it. Found lots of champagne wire cages multiple bottle openers, hairpins, and fishing tackle including a paraliezer spear tip.
photo-488.JPG
Also got some better stuff too. 14k wedding band, huge tungsten carbide ring, silver and glass bead anklet, several silver earrings, a lrge silver bead, a swivel bead with the name sophia on it, some junk hoops and an american flag pin.
photo-472.JPG
photo-473.JPG
photo-464.JPG
Here some pics of the shipwreck wood with spike and en crustacean. There are many shipwrecks close to this popular hangout including a 1733 galleon wreck site only 3/4s of a mile away.i was very surprised by this piece as ive never found stuff like this here before. My t-net friend also had a gold ring and found a silver chain right next to my boat. I found the gold ring and 1 silver earring within 5 feet of my boat also. Guess I anchored right on top of the good stuff. My best finds by far came this morning on a brutal mangrove hunt for old bottles. 2 enormous glass fishing floats.
photo-459.JPG
photo-446.JPG
photo-447.JPG
photo-448.JPG
I cant tell you how rare it is to find these floats on the atlantic these days. Ive only found a handful in my life including these 2. The last one I found this size was 20 years ago. I have found more spanish treasure coins than fishing floats this size. These will be the highlight of my glass float collection and are the best ones ive ever pulled out of the mangroves. Both are bigger than basket balls, and were connected together by a piece of net cord top line. They are cleaning up nicely with original hand tied net covers. photo-368.JPG
photo-370.JPG
photo-426.JPG
These 2 floats really made my hunt and are a prized treasure for me. Forgot to mention what appears to be a dimond that I eyeballed on the sandy bottom in 4 feet of water. Ill post a better pic of it as soon as I can get a good shot of it. Gotta luv the crystal clear water of the Florida keys !! Cant wait to get back in, its been beautiful lately! !

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeweler says nope not this one. Darn it !! Stupid cubic zirconias. photo-495.JPG photo-494.JPG
Oh well maybe next time !

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, have a bottle cap. Nice finds and those are great glass floats, congrats!:icon_thumright:

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Love the glass floats...and gold too! WTG Thanks for sharing, Tt

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest: