Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took a week long vacation and stayed at Santa Rosa Beach in Florida. Was able to hit the beach every morning for a couple of hours. I didn't get any pictures of the trash but after two hours the cargo pocket on my shorts was usually full of bottle caps, foil, can tabs, and metal tent stakes (lots of trash on the beaches I hit!). A majority of my finds were in the dry sand as I only had my AT Pro and it did -ok- in the wet sand, but the surf was pretty rough most mornings so I focused on the dry areas. In the dry sand my AT Pro did great and I was often digging targets well over a foot deep. In the wet sand/water I had to lower the ground balance to 10-15 and drop the sensitivity to less than half to get it quiet, so finds in the water were slim.

I lost one day of detecting when the control box on my AT Pro sprung a leak. Luckily it only leaked when I hosed the salt and sand off of it so only freshwater. I was able to get it functional again by warming the control box with a hairdryer and letting it sit in the sun for a while. Going to chat with Garrett about this this week. I guess after 5 years its time for some repairs....

As for my finds, I only managed to find some clad and junk earrings during the week. No silver or gold this time :-( Sure had a fun time though!

2017-06-18 15.02.22.jpg

Upvote 0

sonnar28

Dec 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet you did have fun!

Congratulations on the clad.

Charles

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the water and wet sand try Standard mode...you should be able to use it with the sensitivity set at 5 or 6 bars...you will be surprised how deep it is in Standard mode in the wet and water....you may know this but on a bottle cap you can sweep back and forth, pulling the coil towards you until you lose the target and the last signal you get will be an iron tone.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I can see the excitement in your words and your last few words capture what I, too, search for on the beach MDing; happiness.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread