Equipment question
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By ChampFerguson/TN
  • 2 Post By Chug And Red
  • 5 Post By OBN
  • 4 Post By MiamiFox

Thread: Equipment question

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2013
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Equipment question

Hello, I recently bought a AT pro, and I have a Garrett Pro-pointer, but it is the water resistant one. I am wondering, if I were to get/make a sand scoop, would that be sufficient enough not to purchase a waterproof pin-pointer? I would be looking in waist deep water, I also have a stream near my house that I would detect in.
    Any advice would be great!

Thanks,

Spyboy

us
    Nov 2013
    TN
    Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
    1633 times
    Metal Detecting
    Some folks don't use PPs in the water; totally personal preference. Remember too that there was a lot of loot dug up before PPs became a must have item.

Personally, I carry one at the beach (Carrot) because sometimes the teeny tiny targets can be maddingly elusive. But again, its about what works for You.
    spyboy3200 likes this.
    "Those who cannot compete intellectually tend to develop a cultural aversion to the whole idea." -- Fred Reed
    ========================================
    Minelab Safari
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab CTX 3030

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2632 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    If you don't have the Orange one don't get it near water You wont be Happy even accidently getting it under the water will cause it to stop working Yep I forgot I had mine in my belt when I went into the Water never worked after Chug
    Twinkletoes and spyboy3200 like this.
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    5376 times
    2019.....Gold rings..100..Misc/gold 9.....Silver/Sterling 239
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I would go sand scoop first, make a floating sifter ..metal free,, and just use the detector to locate the item. I hunt in the water all of the time and rarely do I need a PP.. your eyes become aware of shapes, colors and sparkle which helps locate the targets..then you can always swing the detector over the sifter to confirm or PP the item..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZOfOhspNng

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

us
    Aug 2013
    Miami Florida
    CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop Colt Python .357 6" Winchester 94 30-30
    468 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    My first detector was the AT Pro and it came with a pin pointer. I always hunt in the water and the only time I use the pin pointer is to locate the metal studs in the wall before hanging a picture.
    Seek and ye shall find even if it turns out to be crap
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/burglary101/featured

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7297 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    If it's not the Propointer AT, I wouldn't take it into the water.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2632 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFox View Post
    My first detector was the AT Pro and it came with a pin pointer. I always hunt in the water and the only time I use the pin pointer is to locate the metal studs in the wall before hanging a picture.
    Have done it Many times love it most times its Faster than a Stud finder
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

Sponsored Links