Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Does the CZ21 give three different tones when in the all metal mode similar to the red,yellow and green lights on the BHID 300 when in the all metal mode?

A question for the CZ Pro, Casper..:skullflag:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it has three target tones. Low for iron, mid for low conductors, and high for most coins and silver. It has three search modes too. All metal, Discrimination, and Pin Point.

sonnar28

Dec 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The tones are only in discriminate, not in all metal ("autotune"). Or at least my CZ 21 behaves that way!

Charles

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Does the CZ21 give three different tones when in the all metal mode similar to the red,yellow and green lights on the BHID 300 when in the all metal mode?

No. All metal is all metal when you hit a target you switch to disc to hear the tone, which can be low, medium, or high. Most people hunt in all metal then switch to disc to hear what it is.

grey95chevyboy

Jan 5, 2016
Stuart
Detector(s) used
Cz-21 cz-3d cz-5 whites classic 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What adambomb said the only way to hunt with a cz-21. Once you get a hand on the machine, the way it hits in all metal you can pretty much know if it's a high tone or iron.

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When in all metal (Autotune) there is only one type tone. Then when you switch to discriminate mode you have four different tones. Low tone, medium tone, high tone and bell tone or overload tone. Low tone is usually iron but could be a deeper good target such as gold so it's good to dig a little and check it to see if the tone changes. The medium tone could be anything from pull tabs to most all rings. Always check and dig those. High tone is most all coins. Silver almost always gives a high tone. The bell tone could be a large item such as a can or something really shallow close to the coil. I use a lot of sensitivity and I sometimes get a bell tone on a coin if it happens to be laying on the bottom and close to my coil. Of course all of this depends on different factors so I check just about everything. I hunt primarily fresh water and most times when I get a bell tone it's something good like a large ring under my coil or a big chain wadded up etc. Casper can probably add more but this is basically how it works. I always hunt in Autotune or what you're calling all metal. You get more depth and a wider coverage. When I get a hit I switch to "0" discriminate and check to see what type target I may have according to the tone it gives.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In disc mode the CZ has "three basic tonal ranges" of high, medium, and low. However, the longer you use it you'll begin to notice variations in those three ranges, such as "flat, solid, faint, short, broad, etc." So don't let the three "basic ranges" fool you because unlike many machines with only three "fixed responses" the CZ actually provides variations of each tonal range which further helps in the possible ID of targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread