Infinium fun

ewtaylor

Mar 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I finally took the Infinium to the local freshwater beach. Nice size and clear water made searching fairly easy. The beach is not old, built around 1973. I wasn’t worried about depth too much, just trying to learn the language. I can tell you this; I know what a bobby pin sounds like.

I used the 8” mono coil and really like it for pinpointing. I definitely need to buy the “carrot” pinpointer at a later time.
After digging a bunch of trash, fish hooks, lead weights, and pennies, I came upon a funny signal. It was an area between rocks with no more than 3 or 4 inches of sand. I kicked the sand away and saw the edge of a coin. Turns out it was a coin spill of quarters mixed in with a pulltab.

There were other detectorists on the beach so I was surprised this was missed.

Anyway, time was getting short as I had an appointment looming so I headed a little deeper and got a great signal. I even brought it up with the first scoop. Looked in and a shiny ring smiled back. Joy led to disappointment as it turned out to be a stainless, engraved girl’s ring. But a ring is a ring and I’m happy with what I got. Only went knee deep in the water as I haven’t purchased waterproof headphones yet.

I’m going to Mexico this fall and since I’m a novice at beach hunting I need to practice. Water hunting is a lot harder than it looks.

Wayne

Upvote 0

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
Congrads!! a ring is a ring is a ring with a new detector :thumbsup:
when you are ready for new headphones these are what you should get.the Garrett Blues do not have volume control witch you need if you want max depth with the Infinium.[h=1]DetectorPro Gray Ghost Amphibian for Garrett AT Pro/Gold and Infinium Metal Detector Headphones[/h]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions