Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water hunt with Bigmike and his brother in law...6 hours in rough water with plenty of targets to dig...I got 4 rings...a junker, a titanium, a blue stainless marked 316L and a small 10k gold with CZ...1.7 grams...Bigmike got a gold Lord of the Rings ring...gold only in color but it looked good...he also got a blue and silver colored stainless ring...he dug a metal Sucrets cough drop tin that was about a foot deep, in waist deep water...he shook it and sure enough something rattled inside...he opened it and there was 2 nice looking silver bracelets inside...they both turned out to be junkers...Bigmikes brother in law just started the hobby and he spent a lot of time in wet sand learning his new CZ21...he got a toe ring and coins so he is on his way to the addiction...great day at the beach and cant wait to get back....good luck to everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_1220.JPG
    IMG_1220.JPG
    268.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1223.JPG
    IMG_1223.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1228.JPG
    IMG_1228.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1230.JPG
    IMG_1230.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1240.JPG
    IMG_1240.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do they wear this stuff to the beach, anyway? Nice finds.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Heck of a day!! Nice Gold with Ice!!

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys had been quiet for too long, good to see you're still banging them. :icon_thumleft:
Yeah, we have only got to hunt 4 times since March...seems like something comes up every week end to keep us from going...plan to start hitting it more often now...summer will be gone before you know it.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a good time but where the heck is all the gold. It used to be about 40 or 50% of my rings were gold but I'm pretty sure it's been over a year, 20 or so hunts and about 30 rings without gold for me. Man.... I love just being out there but I'd like to get a gold something soon.....

DSC02205.JPG DSC02206.JPG

I guess this is what people are wearing these days. Oh well, CONGRATS on the gold....maybe next week for me. You got 11 nickles?? That's crazy. What is that to the left of the CC earring above the rings?

Last edited:

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you were excited when you opened the Sucrets can and saw jewelry!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a good time but where the heck is all the gold. It used to be about 40 or 50% of my rings were gold but I'm pretty sure it's been over a year, 20 or so hunts and about 30 rings without gold for me. Man.... I love just being out there but I'd like to get a gold something soon.....

View attachment 1465471 View attachment 1465472

I guess this is what people are wearing these days. Oh well, CONGRATS on the gold....maybe next week for me. You got 11 nickles?? That's crazy. What is that to the left of the CC earring above the rings?

Mike, here's a good article on the reason for the decline of modern gold at the beaches: https://manaloneblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/25/times-are-changing/

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, here's a good article on the reason for the decline of modern gold at the beaches: https://manaloneblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/25/times-are-changing/

Wow.... Sounds like that article was about me LOL. I'm gonna take that advice. We have been to some extent blaming it on competition and I'm sure that has something to do with it but the ring count is about the same (I got 3 silver rings last hunt) so when you think about it the article makes a lot of sense that it's probably not so much the other hunters as it's is the jewelry the people are wearing. Thanks again for posting it. I'm definitely changing things up... After all, what can it hurt?

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1465471 View attachment 1465472

Its a junk charm...looks like it had something inside the bezel, maybe a coin, but its junk....that might be the most nickels Ive dug in the water...almost had more nickels than pennies...definitely the lowest penny to other coins ratio Ive ever scooped...I didn't know you found a kitchen knife...wth?

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you were excited when you opened the Sucrets can and saw jewelry!

I was. It was fun to find even if it was junk. I was land hunting a few weeks back and dug an old aspirin tin and when I opened it it was full of sand with one coin inside, I thought "Oh boy... What do I have here" It was a 1964 Memorial cent. :crybaby2: I gotta get this monkey off my back LOL

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't believe you got so many sunglasses.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to you all on the finds! Seems that more people are buying cheaper or leaving the good stuff in the room now so not to lose it. Still a nice haul!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread