Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were doing our annual boat maintenance at noseman ship yard, up the miami river. We go every year and get pulled out of the water for our underwater maintenance. Any way I spent 2 hours an evening at south beach with the excal. Water and weather were rough so I had to stick to mostly the dry sand. It was blowing 20 all week. So it was shoulder to shoulder with the rich and famous and the famously rich, the super models and the muscle men, the topless women and the passed out bums, the drug addicts and the gangsters, the families and kids and the foreign tourists etc, etc....... photo-560.JPG
photo-559.JPG
photo-558.JPG
photo-556.JPG
photo-555.JPG
photo-547.JPG photo-549.JPG
One pocket knife,6 keys,1 room117 key tag, 1 dog tag from mass., one plated chain,1 plated bracelet, 8 hoop earrings all cheap plate,4 cheap rings , one silver ring, 1 silver stud earring, 2 cheap studs, 1 Micheal kors designer watch in stainless, 6 different countries money, 2 tokens (chucky cheese, and barcade), about 2 pounds of change, and more match box cars than are shown. My kid runs off with them pretty quick. Im missing a gold tone ring and some other little trinkets. And yes an amazing array of trash items I already threw out. Oh and dont forget the 2 fidget spinners.

Attachments

• photo-557.JPG
    photo-557.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a Haul! That is a lot of scooping Brother - Congratulations! :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy: :skullflag:

DnD

Aug 24, 2012
First Coast, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX, Nox800, Excal, Explorer, CZ, AT, Sea Hunter, DP Pulse & Diver, Surf PI, BHID, and BH
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is awesome. Did the Mrs claim the watch (lol) or is that going to eBay?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to put a battery in that sucker. If it works I will keep it for the misses for sure DnD. Hey terry I have mastered what I call the flip flop kick and flip. I use my flip flop to kick out most targets. Its all renourished sand and mostly fresh drops. Only have to dig about 3 out of 10 targets. Pretty easy digging at south beach.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did great. I get that much jewelry in a YEAR. This past has been good for me. Go hit it again after July 4. I still can't believe people bring the good stuff to the beach.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to put a battery in that sucker. If it works I will keep it for the misses for sure DnD. Hey terry I have mastered what I call the flip flop kick and flip. I use my flip flop to kick out most targets. Its all renourished sand and mostly fresh drops. Only have to dig about 3 out of 10 targets. Pretty easy digging at south beach.
Same way I dig targets in the dry sand...fast and effective.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great dry sand hunting...congrats.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome dry sand hunt! Like the Flip-Flop Flip! Hey, you playing with your fidgit spinners now? Just kidding! guess the clad goes for whatever fund and on to the next hunt! GL HH:icon_thumright:

SweetCorn

Oct 2, 2016
East Bay, CA
Detector(s) used
Excal 2, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet hunt. I keep finding those spinners too. Who would bring something that required bearings to a beach?? I guess that level of comprehension is a bit over a kids head.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For that amount of time, that's a good amount of finds !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just wish there had been more gold and less cheap junk. Stupid hsn has flooded the market with cheap junk jewelry. At least I can buy silver bullion with the clad. Out of all that only 3 pieces of jewelry worth digging. Now dont get me wrong it could easily have been all good stuff too. I dont think you could even sell some of this junk jewelry after the plating starts to deteriorate. Maybe ill pile it in a chest and bury it about 3 feet down in the middle of south beach, see how many years it takes to weather out.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great hunt. Congrats South beach is always a lot of fun... also lots of pull tabs and bottle tops.....

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If everyone would just start bringing and losing the good stuff again. The Mrs. and myself joined the rest of the current crowd and out the gold bands in lock up and wear Stainless Steel bands, cheap, low maintenance and easy to replace if lost. Not much fun to find and not much value either. Rather lose a fancy piece of water pipe than nice expensive chunk of gold! That is part of why less good stuff is turning up. Take what you can find and hope that the gold and silver keep surfacing!:icon_thumright:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont think you could even sell some of this junk jewelry after the plating starts to deteriorate. Maybe ill pile it in a chest and bury it about 3 feet down in the middle of south beach, see how many years it takes to weather out.

No you're thinking wrong here. You carry it with you, and secretly drop it whenever your buddy is hunting behind you. Makes great entertainment. Meanwhile your buddy is having the best day ever.

:D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread