Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't see anyone hunting on the beaches when I was there last year. I have to believe there's an opportunity. Hopefully some had some experience.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hunted in Cartegena and Santa Marta and Playa Blanca and a few beaches that can only be reached by boat...
Considerering the fact that I did not see others hunting there... I found very little... leading me to beleive that someone somewhere keeps it hunted...
Found a lot of pocket change but nothing that would seem to indicate that it was NOT hunted.... I mean... a smattering of change... not handfulls of coins like if it were not hunted..
The little beach that we went to by boat was the worse of these... where I hunted in the water and on the sand, just tourists come here and you have to leave by boat... on the dry sand almost nothing but pulltabs.. like someone kept it scoped out regular like..

In the water I did better with many more coins but also a lot of pulltabs...
I was using a Tesoro tiger shark... pulse induction... so I had to dig everything... so lack of coin signals in the sand was shocking...
just my experiance...

Out in the water in front of Santa Marta it was easy walking and the water was flat, no waves, but there seemed to be a literal CARPET of pulltabs ... with a scattering of coins mixed in... (out in the water)
lots and lots of signals... 9 out of 10 were pulltabs.. and I was using a scoop first time... and stuff was hard to locate...
I did not find any rings to speak of, a few ear rings.. and some junk jewlry and pocket change..
on the dry sand lots of trash..

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had a conversation here 2-3 years ago with someone from South America and he also complained about excessive trash/junk, etc., in the water and on beach (nothing like the USA!) and that he needed a good discriminating machine to sort out the trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread