Anyone liking the Treasure Products Vibra-line of pointers?

cathexis

Sep 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings,

I know there is a "Pinpointers" forum but this forum sees a LOT more posting & it's the area of usage I'm interested in too.

So,. The Vibra line from Treasure Products looks pretty cool! I'm looking for feedback on them pro/con from members.
The Vibra-Tector 740 PI looks especially nice. It would be used along with my Excal II in beach/shallow water. The only
downside I see is the "coil" at the end probably means it can't be sheathed and so it'd be waggling around when I was
sweeping the Excalibur. Lots of You-Tubers post vids on using it solo but that seems a LOT of time to cover meaningful
ground. I was considering it as a TRUE waterproof pointer since sometimes underwater hits near shore can be a pain to
narrow down with a full size coil & rod. Any thoughts??

TIA,

Cathexis

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Vibraprobe 850. Works good and well built. The only nits I have.....it's a bit clunky if you know what I mean. Not real ergonomic, but, not as bad as some others. You need to tether it when in the water. I've had mine float out the holster many times. Decent depth, but, not like the VibraTector. At least you can holster it though!

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the 320 but rarely use it since the Carrot came out + I don't work beyond snorkel depth even with scuba gear. Its good for what it does, but a bit klunky. Thinking of selling it, but wont until I decide I'm not diving to any depth beyond snorkel.

OP
OP
C

cathexis

Sep 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the older Garrett & love it - for dry land or mud. The Carrot sez 3 meters max and doesn't specifically say it's ok in marine environments.
That makes me a little nervous about jumping in the surf with it. Have you?

Cudamark, thanks for your reply but I think you mean the 580, not the 850. Either way it sounds good & I appreciate the advise about floating
out of the sheath - didn't think about that one!:laughing7::laughing7:

Cathexis

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I use no other... and yes... have used / tried many others.

IMO ... the 580 is the best... and for me is a must have "tool".

Without it I feel naked.

Errr or maybe I was :/

:P

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, Carrot is fine in saltwater. Waterproof is waterproof. I always rinse all my gear off when I'm done for the day fwiw.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, 580......bad fingers! :BangHead: Another reason I like it at the beach is that it's quiet......vibration only. Doesn't draw attention to you.

Sandancer

Jul 18, 2014
I use a 730 when snorkeling in very shallow water at crowded beaches for fun. It's design would not be very practical for use as you describe, but the overall product quality and functionality is great.

OP
OP
C

cathexis

Sep 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess what?

After you guys had me totally sold on the 580 it turns out it just got discontinued! The new model replacement is the Vibra-Probe-585 (apparently).
While this newer one may be even better - has auto-off - I had 2nd thoughts on that; Sometimes it's not the best idea to buy the newest of anything
since it may have bugs. Also, I was attracted to the dual alarms of vib & light since I can occasionally work local creeks and they tend to muddy up fast
when you're mucking around in them. Bottom line: I ordered the Vibra-Quatic 320, sort of a compromise between the 730 & 585 as it has a larger tip
and offers both light and vib alarms. So there you go!

Thank you so much to those who replied, you were VERY helpful and to Treasurenet for making all this available,

Cathexis

OP
OP
C

cathexis

Sep 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case anyone's still following this,...

Got my new Vibra-Quatic 320 today and it is sweet! Picked up a spare 9V battery at 3 inches and maybe a tad. Easy on/off and vibrate & led alarms are very noticeable.
Everything functions 100%. As expected the P.I. mode requires movement for best function. Beach better gimme my treasure!

Cathexis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread