Tejon at the surfline?

Mtnclimr

Jul 11, 2007
This is my first post and before continuing I must say that you can get quite the education here from some of the feed back. I like what I've read about the excal 1000 and the tiger shark and there are excellent posts describing the pros and cons of each however... I'm just wondering how the tejon (yes, the land unit) would compare against those two in wet sand / surfline conditions. Looking forward to acquiring more wisdom on this matter from the masters and gurus of this forum, you know who you are, please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Mtnclimr

Upvote 0

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I have no idea myself, but I have an interest in the Tejon and will be curious on the replies.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd think about like the Tiger Shark or well, a Tejon - until you got SENS happy and cranked er up. Back when the Tejon first came out and was a hot topic, a lot of people talked about it at the beach. Most said it was 'jittery', to sum it up. Lots of falsing and a tendency to pop off every time a little salt water splashed over it

Granted it was new then, and sort of uncharted territory, but lets look at it this way:

The Tejon is a VERY sensitive VLF detector. Yes it has manual GB, so you have some extra control. But when the salt water is rolling in and the sand is sopping wet, well... jittery probably sums it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread