Want More Gold? Then Become A Student Of Your Beaches!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say maybe 95% of water hunters - maybe more - aim for the low tides
and most water and dry sanders hit at sunrise (or early morn) and/or sunset -
the times when there are the least amount of people to contend with
I used to do the same most times - but years ago I stayed right on SOBE - Miami
yes - I planned trip so lows were early morning 530am on the first day and 530pm
next day around 630am and 630 pm and so on - but I would be there -in that area
because I was staying in hotel right there and my GF would want to hang on the beach all day
So I get up and hunt 530am to around 10am - grab some breakfast with her and
then head back on the beach with her and I would snorkel and grab some rays
but I was able to watch where the people went - how far out - how far in
a lot hung in large groups and there were wide spaces between these groups sometimes
either cause there were blow outs and water was deeper in some areas in close or
it was rocky/coral bottom and they were hanging on the soft sands but I noticed
that at low tide - especially early - people would just wade and stay sometimes in waist to knee
deep - yea you get some kids that see just how far out they can go before life guard whistles
but large percent were in closer - at high tide these same people would be in same spot but now would be chest
or chin deep - so at high tide - I could still hunt and be in a prime spot - so if I happened to be down there
and high was at sunrise - I could still hit in that prime area - yes I would not be able to get out as far
but would not have to wait till low later in the day when your elbow to elbow with swimmers
I know many that live down there that will just wait for the early lows to hunt - but they could go days before getting in
and could be missing stuff in between days - I was down there yrs later and that happened - I hooked up with 2 locals
and they wanted to wait few hrs till low (it was around 4 hrs before - they like to go in 2 hrs before - 2 after)
- I told them with my limited time down there I wanted to hunt as much as possible - so I jumped in - I started
getting a lot of fresh quarters - then got a huge fresh silver band - got a gold bracelet and then a fake rolex
(did not know it was fake till later) but they did not wait much longer to get in
I know not everyone has the time to hang at most beaches all day - but if you get the chance - you should
or just try and stop by some of your fav spots at high tides and check them out - same with dry sanders
if you always go at sunrise and sunset - stop by during the day if you can and see where the highest
concentrations are - Ive been surprised a few times where people hung out in and out of the water
you show up early and make a guess and then people show up and its like "wow..every one is heading down that way
instead of where I thought it would be better" People most times would rather stand in soft sand than rocks and shells
but I was at a spot the other day and for some reason people were all jumping in where the rocks were
maybe the sand just moved from their normal spot :dontknow:
If you hit spots that are older - try and find old pics of it on line - places that they swim there now might not have been popular back then
places popular back then might be gone or fishing spots now - look at all the sinkers I find - I hit way left and right of main swim spots
at most places - they have been reducing the buoyed areas more and more each year so they don't have to have as many lifeguards
I have a friend that hit a small fresh water beach and year after year he would stay in the confines of the buoys - I did know
he was doing this - I think he read one of my articles and read that I hit away from the new boundaries
and he decided to hop the rope lines and hit to the far right
he ended up killing it - later he did research and found out swim area was like 150 yrds long but now its only 50 yrds
and no other hunters thought to hit outside them either - now he is going back to other spots of his and doing
the same thing and he is doing good at them also

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions