EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
Comfort is personal preference as what is comfortable for me is not for you as my face is shaped different. most of the time it is how the mask covers or hits the bridge of your nose. I remember reading something about a diving supply company that would ship another mask to you if the one you ordered did not fit well, if interested let me know and I will look back to see if I can find it.
As for the fogging you should try tooth past and rub it inside the glass a lot,then rinse, do this a few times and then use a defogging agent and you should be all set.
Some times it is better you cant see.:laughing7:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
masks are gonna fog - like Jim said - masks fit different people different ways
sometimes a Walmart one will be fine - I had one stolen couple years ago that I loved - it had special
lens that enhanced colors - had another stolen last year that fit perfect and did not fog with just regular spit
got one now - fits ok but for some reason fogs even after natural spit after about an hour - bought
diver spit spray - still wears off after about an hour - it gotta be lens coating or material - it has lens
that is good it low light - there are bunch of diving super stores out there that have tons of styles
many have sales and discontinued ones and you can get expensive ones cheap if you look around
I used to use Dawn dish washing liquid - which I'm gonna try again for anti fogging- it used last all day
you rub thin layer and then rinse when you get in couple times

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you use tooth paste - don't use the one with baking soda or crystals - I'm guessing jim uses a gel one

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tusa Liberator is sort of an old standard. It was my first mask in 1988, and have been using the same mask for 25 years... I've never had one fail.

A drop of dish soap rubbed in then just very lightly rinsed with help with fogging. Spit works too. The trick is that once it stops fogging, don't give it a good soap and water scrubbing or it'll start fogging again.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always try mine on at the store to see which one fits the best. for fogging johnsons baby shampoo no more tears just rince good

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always try mine on at the store to see which one fits the best. for fogging johnsons baby shampoo no more tears just rince good
long ago know guys that used johnsons too - I always thought it was funny "no more tears"
ever get it in your eyes - no more tears cause you want to rip you tear ducs out :tongue3:
shouldn't be a prob if you rinse good :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread