Minelab excal 1000 in dry sand?

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
This machine is just as good in the dry sand. You just have to put up with more pull tabs and aluminum foil. I use it in the dry sand when the busy summer is over in the water but i don't have the patients dealing with the amount of junk on the beaches i hunt. Just listen for those lowtones!!
HH
lowtones

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dry sand, wet sand, fresh water, salt water, vollyball court, dirt, you name it, the Excal ROCKS! ;D

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Treasure_Hunter said:
Dry sand, wet sand, fresh water, salt water, vollyball court, dirt, you name it, the Excal ROCKS! ;D

i totally agree....i use mine everywhere

OP
OP
John (Ma)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Thanks to all that applied, I think this will be the detector I will get.

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recommend that you get yourself a straight shaft if you use it on land. This is better for balance.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a straight shaft no matter where you hunt, it makes a world of difference in how comfortable and long you can hunt. Personally I like the "Florida Straight Shaft", but there are others.

Together with the harness I can hunt for hours and my arm does not hurt. My legs and feet give out long before my arm or shoulder ever does.

Good luck and good hunting.

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use it in the dry sand all the time. Works great.

Tek

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
I went to the beach yesterday. There was no wind at my house,but 40 miles away. It was rocking and socking. I hate that,I got knocked down twice. I got out of the water and worked the dry sand with my Excalibur. It worked good,but all I had was my long handled scoop. It is heavy out of water and a lot of work. I dug 2 bucks and that almost paid for my thruway tols. Almost. Some days I should just sleep in. Mike. :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread