The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahoy to All! :hello: I just wanted to thank all of you so very much for helping me with all of the questions that I had bombarded you with on this thread!

Here are some photos of my very first beach hunt with my MD... And of course on my first time out I couldn't get into the water due to a major riptide!!! Arrgghhh! :skullflag:

MD Beach S.jpg

After I heard about the guy being attacked on the beach in California, I took somebody with me and he used my MD too...

J Gear S.jpg

My very first and BEST find was my nephew who works there (which I didn't know as he had just started)! He's 6'4" tall!

Big Nephew S.jpg

Here's what I found Lol! :laughing9:

Finds S.jpg Crushed Sprite Still Full S.jpg

I couldn't believe that this crushed can of Sprite was still full and hadn't leaked?

Crushed Sprite Still Full CU.jpg

As I was watching the sunset...

Riptide S.jpg

I realized that I was definitely going to order a straight shaft for my MD as soon as I got home! 8-)

Contemplating M.jpg

Oh yeah and The Excalibur II is next...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When ya get that X2 let us know...

More than enough "experts" here to help you start out right.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
When you get the Excal, you'll want to swap that to a straight shaft very early on - a lot easier on the elbow & shoulders.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also get the knob protector for the Excal.

louie41

Aug 23, 2013
Maryland Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus, Ace 350, whites BHID, TRX PP and Whites digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your first time out to beach. I just got my first water detector as well and it's a used BHID also. Last Sunday was my first time wading into gentle waves but still quite a challenge to learn pinpointing and gett scoop at the right spot while keeping balance. I will upgrade detector with proceeds from my finds hopefully. Good luck and happy hunting!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A buddy, a Nephew, and a drink for later, not bad. Is the float in usable condition? Shame you didn't get some clad.

Glad you had a beautiful afternoon to hunt.

OP
OP
The_Piratess

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your first time out to beach. I just got my first water detector as well and it's a used BHID also. Last Sunday was my first time wading into gentle waves but still quite a challenge to learn pinpointing and gett scoop at the right spot while keeping balance. I will upgrade detector with proceeds from my finds hopefully. Good luck and happy hunting!

Thank you and good luck to you too! I got very lucky on my BHID as it had only been used a few times and was in like brand new condition. Do you have a weight on your coil so it doesn't flip up on you in the water? I really did order the straight shaft with the diving one too the minute that I got home Lol! :laughing7: I wanted to wait to get the Excalibur II until I was sure that I actually liked MDing. I LOVE it and am hooked!!! :piratehand:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you had a fun outing, that's what this hobby is all about!

I purchased my Excalibur II last year but only hunted with it once so far. I upgraded the shaft to an over/under and installed the knob protector as well as additional knobs for replacement later. Balance is great but time will tell if I need to go to the straight shaft? Just need time away from work and home projects now.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You Go Girl! :skullflag:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad it was a good day! Nothing like having fun to make you want to go back and do it again, and again. . .Oh yeah, the surf, sand, sun and anything else that goes with it. Sounds good, enjoy some of that fun for me!:icon_thumright:

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent day there! I managed to snag a Garrett Recon Pro to hunt around water and it arrived two days ago. Unfortunately it arrived broken, but Garrett is sending me the part to fix it! ($187 ouch)

OP
OP
The_Piratess

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome pics Tess! Great you got out for a spin in the sand!

Thanks Rusty! :icon_thumright: Although as you already know, I am still kicking myself for not being home and seeing your ad in T-Net's Classifieds for that great, like new, Excalibur II already modded with the straight, carbon shaft that you sold for an excellent price!!! :BangHead: Now I am spoiled and will not settle for anything less or I will buy new...

OP
OP
The_Piratess

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent day there! I managed to snag a Garrett Recon Pro to hunt around water and it arrived two days ago. Unfortunately it arrived broken, but Garrett is sending me the part to fix it! ($187 ouch)

Thanks and thank you so much for giving me all kinds of good advice especially when I was new on this site! :thumbsup: If it hadn't been for you, I was going to leave this site and never even try to MD because of a few arses on here! :angry4: I totally love it and just think what I would have let them to have caused me to miss out on... Now I just give it right back to them and also if I see them doing it to anybody else Lol! :violent1: I've even given my mantra from my fellow Irish friends to others on here and now a few are using it too, "Feck the Begrudgers"! :laughing7:

In all fairness I must add that there are so many more really nice, kind and very helpful members here on T-Net that a few bad apples certainly couldn't spoil this great bunch many of whom I truly consider friends!!! :icon_thumright: That just doesn't happen anywhere online at least not for me... :nono: I found this site on accident while looking something up online and hadn't been actively online in years. That speaks volumes for TreasureNet and most of its members!

Sorry to hear about your Garrett, but glad that you can fix it or else it would have cost you even more! :o It will be so worth it as you will love water hunting! It's great and especially in the heat! :sunny:

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad apples... arrrg.

Like bad rum.

Bleakch.

Hmmm... The rum hasn't gone bad has it ?

OP
OP
The_Piratess

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad apples... arrrg.

Like bad rum.

Bleakch.

Hmmm... The rum hasn't gone bad has it ?

Nae! Still makes a great grog there matey! Aye!!! :icon_pirat:

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY your right ! ! !

IT does make excellent grog... you guys should all try it... I am ok... there may not be enough to go around.

***ARC USES HIS ELBOW TO GUIDE THE RUM CLOSER TO HIMSELF***

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks and thank you so much for giving me all kinds of good advice especially when I was new on this site! :thumbsup: If it hadn't been for you, I was going to leave this site and never even try to MD because of a few arses on here! :angry4: I totally love it and just think what I would have let them to have caused me to miss out on... Now I just give it right back to them and also if I see them doing it to anybody else Lol! :violent1: I've even given my mantra from my fellow Irish friends to others on here and now a few are using it too, "Feck the Begrudgers"! :laughing7:

In all fairness I must add that there are so many more really nice, kind and very helpful members here on T-Net that a few bad apples certainly couldn't spoil this great bunch many of whom I truly consider friends!!! :icon_thumright: That just doesn't happen anywhere online at least not for me... :nono: I found this site on accident while looking something up online and hadn't been actively online in years. That speaks volumes for TreasureNet and most of its members!

Sorry to hear about your Garrett, but glad that you can fix it or else it would have cost you even more! :o It will be so worth it as you will love water hunting! It's great and especially in the heat! :sunny:

Unbelievable... Garrett took off the charge to my credit card! I got the repair part for free! Thanks for the goodwill Garrett!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread