Inspector Detector - "The Case Of The Tungsten Carbide Gang"

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inspector Detector - “The Case Of The Tungsten Carbide Gang”

The Tungsten Carbide Gang is comprised of some truly tough characters, the type that can take part in a violent brawl and still walk away without so much as a scratch. These guys are typically heavyweights, real bruisers with a noticeably stocky and deceptive presence even in their best attire. It's my job to round them up and lock them away whenever I get the chance, bang them around in my scoop a little bit before placing them into isolation.

“What were you doing there?”
“How did you get there?”
“Who were you with?”

Hell, they never talk, they just sit there like a stone with blank expression on their face. It's a losing battle, the satisfaction I gain each time I bust one these mugs I quickly lose knowing that another will quickly take their place. But I will continue to do my part in keeping them out of circulation, they are bad element, posers and fakers of the highest order. Given the opportunity I'll bust every one of them. :laughing7:

DSC_5436 25 per.jpg

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sad on my part - there have been hunts that after 3 hrs and no silver or gold - I'm talking to the surf gods ..."please, at this point ...I'll take a tungsten" :BangHead:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sad on my part - there have been hunts that after 3 hrs and no silver or gold - I'm talking to the surf gods ..."please, at this point ...I'll take a tungsten" :BangHead:

I know, right. The other night I was in water begging for anything, eventually got a nickel ....:laughing7:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple days ago I was in the water neck deep at the barrier, reaching my Excal out past the barrier. Hit a good signal, but then I couldn't scoop it.

I wasn't wearing a weight belt, and pushing the scoop with my foot was just pushing me away from the scoop. Steve was nearby, wearing his weight belt, so I invited him to try. Took several scoops by him to get it, and hauled in a Tungsten ring. He offered it to me and I said it was his.

My empty weight belt is getting populated with fishing weights tomorrow!

Now what do you do with a Tungsten ring? They sell high retail, but maybe just a few bucks at a yard sale table.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple days ago I was in the water neck deep at the barrier, reaching my Excal out past the barrier. Hit a good signal, but then I couldn't scoop it.

I wasn't wearing a weight belt, and pushing the scoop with my foot was just pushing me away from the scoop. Steve was nearby, wearing his weight belt, so I invited him to try. Took several scoops by him to get it, and hauled in a Tungsten ring. He offered it to me and I said it was his.

My empty weight belt is getting populated with fishing weights tomorrow!

Now what do you do with a Tungsten ring? They sell high retail, but maybe just a few bucks at a yard sale table.

If you figure out how to get a good return on them let me know! :dontknow:

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one with a small diamond in it. The black ones are cool. I pray to bust any ring lol

strick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread