Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put them all away and don't do anything with them, but again I don't find a whole lot of those. i think i'm up to 5 or something like that.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only sold 1 ring and that was a stainless steel Tiffany Paloma Picasso. Got $100 for it off Craigs List. I've found that most precious stones are not worth much unless they are large and/or high quality. The metal is where the value is. If you have a really nice piece, try cleaning it up and putting it on eBay.....

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only sold 1 ring and that was a stainless steel Tiffany Paloma Picasso. Got $100 for it off Craigs List. I've found that most precious stones are not worth much unless they are large and/or high quality. The metal is where the value is. If you have a really nice piece, try cleaning it up and putting it on eBay.....

Actually the older, precious stones and even mine cut, old diamonds sell for premium prices these days. Just look on eBay for antique rings and you will see that many had the stones removed. It makes me sick to see them separated like that and they never used to do that until 5 or 6 years ago! :cussing: They will do this with rubies especially because good quality, natural rubies are quite rare and valuable. Most rubies sold today even in high end jewelry stores are lab created.

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's a nice ring , sell it as a ring on eBay. If it's kind of crappy , ship it to ARA Gold , and they'll buy the gold and make you an offer on the stones. If you like they'll just mail the stones back to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you care to fool with them, ebay will probably fetch you well over melt on rings. People spend crazy money on there a lot. Just don't forget to factor in you fees (ebay has a LOT of fees), shipping, time/gas/etc when setting a price.

most important ebay tip I can give someone
: its all in the write-up. a good story will sell when a "here's my stuff buy it" write-up wont. and bring a lot higher sale price.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm looking to downsize my ring collection. First I'll collect and send all the low character rings to ARA. The prettiest rings I'll clean up and try eBay for 2 or more times melt.

Diamonds are not easy to sell unless there is some size to them. I've got a packet of a couple hundred diamonds just sitting there.

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am lucky, my X wives husband is a jeweler. I have only sold 4. But he and I talk realistically about what they will bring we set prices and he sells them. I thought I did pretty good. I got 1200 for 4 rings.

Other than that, I don't really sell them. Don't really need the money, but it will finance something one day. got some pretty ones in the safe. Not losing any value though...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions