My most disgusting first find thus far, an Ear Gauge - why are these popular?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Indian Steve & I went in the water today, Steve trying his new Excal for the 2nd time.

I'll show something nice first to take the pain off the Gauge - a nice little sterling pendant:

Wed Aug 16 19-33-58.jpg

The Tree of Life.

I also found another pendant on a leather necklace:

Wed Aug 16 19-35-11.jpg

And then there is this:

Wed Aug 16 19-36-46.jpg Wed Aug 16 19-37-11.jpg

Also found 14 coins for $1.00

The silver made this a good day. Keep the faith!

Upvote 0

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Five years ago I found my first ear gauge, No solid center to it so I thought,(for a long time), It was a ring. Lol,...comfort fit!!
Have found several since including a wooden one while water hunting....it was a floater.
SS

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my bucket list! :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Last edited:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah i found one. It went in the trash. I didn't even check to see if it was silver I was so disgusted.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, congrats on the silver and your successful hunt! :occasion14:

As to the ear gauge, I don't get that fad at all... they look disgusting in and the ear lobes look even worse when they are removed. I predict a great market for "ear tucks" in the future once the fad passes and regret sets in. That said, if I find one that's silver or (gasp) gold, I will clean it and keep it. Treasure is treasure, after all! :laughing7:

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
As to the ear gauge, I don't get that fad at all... they look disgusting in and the ear lobes look even worse when they are removed. I predict a great market for "ear tucks" in the future once the fad passes and regret sets in. That said, if I find one that's silver or (gasp) gold, I will clean it and keep it. Treasure is treasure, after all! :laughing7:

Yep, kinda like 50 year old tatoo's!!!

I sent a picture of the gauge to my daughter, who just happens to be wearing a guage now :( :( :(

I didn't teach her that!!! Of course she's all tatted up now too.

She hasn't responded yet, may end up giving it to her. The "ring" part of it is filthy, disgusting - I didn't take a picture of that! I ain't going to clean it either!

Going to hit the water again in about an hour - Please Lord, a little bit of GOLD would make my day :)

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this was my first - have gotten a few of the beginner ones since - has anyone ever found a gold one? do they make real gold ones?
caSC00164.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread