cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been to this beach several times with my wife and never saw that before. Huge beach in Oregon with only one person sunbathing topless. No others at all on the beach which is normal. Don't everybody start planning a trip to the west coast. My wife and I had to get within 50 feet of her to get to our favorite beachcombing spot and I got a good look at her face (of course where else would I look) she was older than me and I am almost 70. Lets just say it was easy to keep looking at her face.

Upvote 0

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you are in Grants Pass. My wife and I first went to another beach just north of Brookings. Rule signs everywhere. One said no metal detecting without permit. Never seen that in CA especially where I live. Is this true for the entire state of OR. or do you think just Curry county?
cyberdan, I've never seen that really, I wonder if it had been a "State Park" beach, then I think it might be required, although I believe they are free at whatever little building the state park guy is in. Makes no sense to me, come on, it's just a sandy beach, but no, not the entire state. Sorry you encountered that, what are they afraid of that we might find other than trash?

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That was a good one. I hope this sunbather was not suffering from Furniture's Disease, in that their chest was falling down in their drawers.:laughing7:

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what are they afraid of that we might find other than trash?
No booth just a bathroom. My machine would have probably gone haywire any way. lots of black sand (magnetite) In spots it looked like a zebra. Other spots it was more than 50%.

Up here (in CA) magnetite is know for fine gold and platinum. In my town there were even beach mines for extracting gold from the black sand. But they went out of business. It costs more to extract than the value of the AU & PT. But then that was back in the 1800s. But they didn't have the gold spiral wheel or miller table back then.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been to this beach several times with my wife and never saw that before. Huge beach in Oregon with only one person sunbathing topless. No others at all on the beach which is normal. Don't everybody start planning a trip to the west coast. My wife and I had to get within 50 feet of her to get to our favorite beachcombing spot and I got a good look at her face (of course where else would I look) she was older than me and I am almost 70. Lets just say it was easy to keep looking at her face.

Be thankful it was a topless beach.... and not a bottomless beach

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been to this beach several times with my wife and never saw that before. Huge beach in Oregon with only one person sunbathing topless. No others at all on the beach which is normal. Don't everybody start planning a trip to the west coast. My wife and I had to get within 50 feet of her to get to our favorite beach combing spot and I got a good look at her face (of course where else would I look) she was older than me and I am almost 70. Lets just say it was easy to keep looking at her face.
Give me the location and I will be there.

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Go to south beach - more with out tops than with
one of my first times down there - up at sunrise - my GF picks a spot to put out blanket
after 3 hrs hunting - head back and there were like 30 women all around her topless - she
says "Youre lovin this aren't you?"
truth be told - ...I'm blind with out my glasses - so yes I could tell they had no tops (and very little bottoms)
but I could not make out details :BangHead:

Man that would be pitiful ,topless beach and cant see.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, honestly, if any female takes her top off is anyone going to arrest her or object?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread