Found year book pic of lost class ring owner...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its harder to find women once they are married - did a lot of research and found an obituary of woman that I hope was her mother
In it they mention she leaves a daughter - Helen and mentions her husbands (son in laws) name
I could not find anything after yearbook on Helen - looked up her husband and found name (hoping it is the right one) - found a site with his name and says he went to same high school but different year - so hoping its him or if not - he knows her husband
Will keep all up dated - sent an email and hope he responds - they may be divorced - she might have passed :dontknow:
Hope I have some good news to report soon - if she is alive and it is hers - Bonus round happens
cause its their 50 yr class reunion and its in Sept. so might get to make extra special return ..I hope...I hope ...I hope :thumbsup:
this is the ring - found in 2015 on cape cod
casp4gold928.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contacting the school and asking for a 50th Reunion Committe member's phone, Email, etc. may also help you find her.
Good luck,
Don,...
That was a dead end - not my first rodeo - have made a lot of returns over the yrs
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1624.html
these were ones I had camera available - many I did not - many before computers invented
But just did some more research - if what I'm finding now is all true - this is gonna be good
if I got the right person - her husband is "somebody" though I think they might be divorced..
and she may actually work for the town paper (she may do a gardening column) - just wrote them
hoping they respond - you just never know - have gotten responses in past that they think its a scam
and those become dead
If all works out - may try and make return at reunion - right now she is not on the list
she may have dropped out - might have transferred - hope to find out all

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What school? On the Cape?
Don.....
Off the Cape - found on the Cape
I had to go thru my records to find where I found it - funny thing is - found in same town that the other guy that was on news found his

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good news - editor of town paper contacted me that he contacted her and she is the one and she is excited - will have to confirm and ask if she knows beach she lost it at
but looking good - will keep everyone up dated

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contacting the school and asking for a 50th Reunion Committe member's phone, Email, etc. may also help you find her.
Good luck,
Don,...
she did not sign up for the reunion - maybe she dropped out to get married - maybe she transferred to another school - maybe she never graduated at all
:dontknow: hoping will find out the "rest of the story"

mission101

Oct 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing Casper you are a role model for us all.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fingers crossed Casper. That would be way cool.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fingers crossed Casper. That would be way cool.
Its tougher with the older rings - especially when they get married - and if they get married multiple times
yikes - I could find almost nothing on her after high school -
with new ones - girl or guy - you can sometimes go to face book - (I don't belong - my GF does) and punch in name then look where they come from and sometimes easily find school
and bam - youre done - not as many older folks on facebook and youre lucky if they are still alive - since I hit mostly older areas
most of my class rings are pre 1970 - a lot of the schools they went to don't even exist - so that can be a big problem right there
I had tried to find her after I first found it - lot of dead ends - re tried and town library put up a page where they up loaded every year book
before that - I could find it on classmate com and a few others but to see them you had to pay - I'm not paying to sign up for a chance to find
so I found her in year book on the library page- then went to school site which is newer and alumni page and it mentioned 50 yr reunion coming up-
but her maiden name and married name were not on any of the lists - so now the questions arise -
did she stay back - did she quit school - did she move and change schools
I could not find a married name - looked thru marriage records - no good. Looked thru obits - had some but they died like 100 yrs ago
so maybe a grandmother? - I had a bunch of people in surrounding towns with same maiden name - if I had to as last resort - would have my gal
contact and try and see if she was an aunt or grand aunt or grandmother to one of them. I had like 30 pages open and started canceling
dead ends - finally came across an obituary for a Stacia with same last name - decided to read it - in it it mentions a Helen and luckily
she mentions her son in law/ daughters husband - so I have a married name but is it the right name. I find the guy is still alive -
he is 70 and he is a "somebody". He is a professor and is involved with a bunch of organizations - big in the Audubon society
has catalogue over 6000 birds around the world - written all kinds of papers and stuff. I sent him an email with no response as of yet
he is out of the country a lot and I think they are divorced now, but thru other page connections found out he wrote an article or
two for town paper and then it mentioned her name at that paper for doing some kind of gardening column now and then -
Bingo - I looked up paper and found her name - I contacted the editor and some one else that had an email on the papers site
and told them my story and could they contact her and see if she fit the profile - school - year - her maiden name - and did she lose a class ring
just got to see if she remembers where - but the first 4 are all I need. Got an email from editor and he said its her and she is excited
ill be waiting for a call some time this week and seeing if we can arrange for me to drive out -
its only bout and hour away - will keep all informed on how things go :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing Casper you are a role model for us all.
THING IS -100s of rings and other items get returned every year - some do it silently - off forums
Ive actually made a few returns of jewelry and glasses and keys that I left without mention over the years
But on this forum alone - guys here total make an average I'd say of about 100 rings a year or close to it
I know a few guys on other forums that make more returns than they get keepers most years.
So we have many roll models out there in this hobby - here is a quote I wrote years ago for all those that make returns
"Most of these detectorists that did this act might have received a smile, a hand shake, a hug,
or
in some cases a small reward. They all took time out of their lives to help someone else in need,
and in doing so make us all look good, and for that we thank you."

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're one of the "good guys" Casper-2

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got email from husband - he writes for Worchester news paper among many other things - so he wants to possibly do a story
even though human interests I don't think are his forte
told him to get with party of the first part and any others that want to be there and let me know when and where and
we'll git-r-done

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This does not have anything to do with returning class rings but it does with tracking down a lady who got married.

My wife's great aunt lives in Japan, yes she is Japanese. Around 1953 (early high school) she had an "American" penpal. She saved every letter she got. My wife and i were visiting her about three years ago and she pulls out these very old letters and tells me about this young teenage girl. Thats nice I said and then she asked me if I could find her.

It took me more than a year mainly because I would do it at work when the boss was away. ;) Can't remember how I did it exactly but there was a highschool chat group (like this one) and I emailed all from what I thought her graduation year was and after several months I got an answer. He didn't know where she was but he had a married name. I finally tracked down what I thought might be her but everytime I called I got an answering machine. Finally I left a message. It started out like this "I know you are going to think this is a scam call but it is not...." then I left my number and she called back later. We had a long friendly talk. I told her all the aunt has gone through in the last 60 some years. (mostly good) and then got her life story. The wife's aunt was very happy to get an answer to her request.

Now I am trying to find an old navy buddy. I know his full name and hometown and still can't find him. He may be 6 feet under, who knows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread