Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got email from the woman today. She gave me quick run down on how it was lost. It was summer after graduation and was at beach with girlfriends...
they were throwin a ball around and ring flew off. She said she was like in waist deep water (I found in chest deep water at low tide - waters are rising)
and she said water was clear and she thought she could easily find it. She dove under multiple times with her eyes open feeling around to no avail. She
had bought the ring with her own money and did not have extra to replace it...
She is going to her 50th reunion and agreed that it would make a great story if instead of me running it out to her now - She invited me to the reunion
to make the return. Small town paper she writes for wants to do a story and her husband that writes for a large paper (he told me he has 120,000 readers)
would like to do one also. I will have my GF try and gets some pics and maybe a small video. It will be at the end of Sept. ...so will make a post after
we make it happen.
till then
Good luck to all that get out :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats and I'd say we have a celebrity in our midst!!! Very cool, can't wait to see pics of the reunion!

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super cool story. Can't wait to see the return Casper.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats and I'd say we have a celebrity in our midst!!! Very cool, can't wait to see pics of the reunion!

Not me - I was offered my own detecting show years ago (I signed a contract but could not get the time off ) and was offered to be on another a few yrs back.
Wrote for a mag for 5 yrs - been on TV no less than 6 times - few for other returns - few for other things - been in newspaper numerous times also - so ive had my 15 mins of fame :tongue3:
They all make a big deal over the returns - they think its a rare thing - Ive told both news paper guys already and said in other interviews - I make a few
returns every year (and ive been in this hobby over 40 yrs)-
but there are guys I know that make 20 plus returns a year and that this forum alone probably makes 100+ ...not to mention
the other forums where I know many are made and what about the guys that make them that don't belong to any forums.
The hobby gets bad press now and then - but try and add up all the returns and good deeds - ive helped police
and fire and plenty of people looking for property markers and septic tank covers - gas or water shut offs and sure many others have to
with there machines and
not to mention all the trash we remove and other dangerous items from the waters...we get a bum rap from the public a lot.
When I was offered a show - we went over what they wanted to do and I mentioned my vision - which they didn't really
really want to hear - but one of the things I wanted to do - was try and show a pic of a ring at the end of each show
that finders wanted to return - people would have to write in and completely identify the name or initials inside and where they lost
it...I thought that the public would appreciate that and think it was cool - and in later episodes I could take finders to meet losers
to make the returns - thought it would be better than what we get to end programs now - making a bet and then eating a jelly fish
Oh well "sigh"- I got in this for the hobby in 1975 at age 12 - not to get rich - not for the fame - but for the fun - though now a
days it seems like work most times - its still fun. Ive met a lot of great hunters a long the way and made a few friends and
yes - ive made more than a few bucks along the way. Making a return now and then is just another bonus in the hobby -
I feel its good karma and makes up for some of the small bad things ive done over the years - kind of a yin and yang thing.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool way to make the return...looking forward to the pics of another happy customer.

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations. It's great to hear a story like that. It validates my opinion of today's generation compared to back then. I found two class rings recently and even though I was able to get them back to the owners with some research, it was such a nightmare and total disrespect that it spoiled the fun for me and even doing a post about it. But I've run in to that before with the young folks today. So, it's great to hear stories like this and I'm looking forward to the updates. You do a lot for this hobby and your integrity shines bright, helping others to see that there's some good people out there who enjoy helping others. Thanks for all you do.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just a wonderful hobby and helping others along the just adds to the enjoyment.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome post Casper!. And now for the question yet to be asked...will you be wearing your Casper t-shirt for the reunion? :) hehe

Big Kudos to you for all that you do!

-TwoYewts

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome post Casper!. And now for the question yet to be asked...will you be wearing your Casper t-shirt for the reunion? :) hehe

Big Kudos to you for all that you do!

-TwoYewts
She said I'm invited to the reunion - I hope she doesn't think I'm going to have dinner and dancing with them - I'm hoping to show up just before and give it
to her - get a few pics for posterity and then leave - will work that out few days before
I don't do formal - so yes - I believe I will be wearing one of my Casper shirts :tongue3:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations. It's great to hear a story like that. It validates my opinion of today's generation compared to back then. I found two class rings recently and even though I was able to get them back to the owners with some research, it was such a nightmare and total disrespect that it spoiled the fun for me and even doing a post about it. But I've run in to that before with the young folks today. So, it's great to hear stories like this and I'm looking forward to the updates. You do a lot for this hobby and your integrity shines bright, helping others to see that there's some good people out there who enjoy helping others. Thanks for all you do.

Maybe hold onto the new ones till they get older or "mature" then return down the road :tongue3:
I don't mention - but Ive made returns of newer ones and they were with out any fan fair or feelings - like ho hum - lucky if I got a thanks out
of them - - I don't post those
had some friends with same results
but for the most part - my returns have been good.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She said I'm invited to the reunion - I hope she doesn't think I'm going to have dinner and dancing with them - I'm hoping to show up just before and give it
to her - get a few pics for posterity and then leave - will work that out few days before
I don't do formal - so yes - I believe I will be wearing one of my Casper shirts :tongue3:

Looking forward to the pics/vid! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Really awesome! Can't wait to read and see more. Congrats to you:hello2:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a lot of it is our generation had to work long & hard to get things like class rings. Now days, they hit Dad up or use their $200 a week allowance & not lifting a finger. Best story I've read in a few weeks. When you go, don't embarrass yourself make sure you wear a tie with the Casper shirt! Most of all have fun with it!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread