Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I do a lot of water and wet sand detecting. I have a chest mount and head mount for my Gopro. I know that there are other accessories like the wrist mount for the Gopro. I would like to start using my Gopro more to film some of the hunts I go on but find the chest and head mount difficult to use when your in the water. I was wondering if any of you that film do it in some other way that is easier than using the chest or head mount or if you would recommend using something else? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I like it mounted on the ear phone cup that way I can hear the audio of the detector. Which I believe is as important as the video side.

I am not using a go pro but an old tachyon cam, a little smaller. And the video is far from that of a Go Pro..

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some weird company but it has a mask strap connector so its next to your headphone and films whats ever in line with your mask
it clicks up and down if you need to alter the view a little - problem is - my new computer has no editing features - so I would be showing
every where I go once I turn it on and when I get out of the water - the button is not like go pro where you can just turn on
and off - you have to turn it on then close water tight seal - and open to turn it off - with computer editing it would be great
other thing is - when ive tried to wear it - water conditions have always been horrible - and when I decide not to put it on
they are great - someone does not want me to film :BangHead:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the one time I got in and you could read a book on the bottom and I had a great hunt - I thought I was filming
I was pointing out fish and quickly holding finds (hate when some show an item for 10 mins- do that at the end wrap up)
in front of the lens and dropping in pouch. I found silver and gold and bunch of coins - filmed for over an hour - got back
to room and told my gal - "I had a good hunt and vid should be awesome!" - Come to find out - I had it in pause the whole
time - I felt like such a tool. Next day - water was cloudy :BangHead:

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Thanks OBN and Casper. I bought a few things last night. I'll let you know how they work out. Looks like Irma is heading our way might shake things up and give us some good finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pivothead makes very nice 1080p recording eyewear that I use for motorcycle rides. I have the 1st generation model that records up to an hour in vivid high definition but newer models have larger solid state memory and the ability to live stream. Pivothead.com

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what I've just settled on, a Nikon W300 that I hang around my neck until I want to shoot something with it. I just took this up to Michigan with me and the audio and resolution was very good, even picked up the chatter in my headphones as I was wearing them while I was shooting with it and the big coil was floating about in the water generating the chatter. I plan to shoot more content with it then I did in Michigan but I think there's already way to much typical detecting video out there so I only plan on shooting when something unique/different is encountered or when/if the opportunity comes along and/or I want to illustrate something. I'll be posting a new video shot with that camera pretty soon, just waiting to process some pictures so I can edit everything and post it.

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Here's what I've just settled on, a Nikon W300 that I hang around my neck until I want to shoot something with it. I just took this up to Michigan with me and the audio and resolution was very good, even picked up the chatter in my headphones as I was wearing them while I was shooting with it and the big coil was floating about in the water generating the chatter. I plan to shoot more content with it then I did in Michigan but I think there's already way to much typical detecting video out there so I only plan on shooting when something unique/different is encountered or when/if the opportunity comes along and/or I want to illustrate something. I'll be posting a new video shot with that camera pretty soon, just waiting to process some pictures so I can edit everything and post it.

Thanks. Purchased a lanyard to go around my neck, a wrist strap and a handheld float. I'm going to try all three along with what I already have and see how that works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a lot of sights when I manage to go detecting, but until I start detecting on a regular basis, can't afford video cameras. Would love to have one, tho. One of these days......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread