Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got in the water yesterday at 8:00 am, put in a full day. I got out at noon for about an hour for lunch break, and then went from 1-5. Water has to be high 80s low 90s. Worked both tides at a new spot and never talked to another person all day. Just me in my little underwater world. Saw some fish and made friends with a stray dog. Ahhhhh....peace and quiet and a little underwater meditation. I've never been here before, but I think I got a virgin spot !! Although my jewelry finds wernt the heavy weights, at least there was a steady trickle. There are literally targets every few inches here in some areas. Fanning would often produce multiple targets. Perfect amount of current to keep the sediment from clouding up the spot. Drifting along fanning like mad in the nice clear water, perefect day off. photo-602.JPG it was busy.
photo-604.JPG clad
photo-605.JPG fishing lead
photo-606.JPG I found some wreckage about halfway down the beach this is lead sheathing from its bottom. There were timbers and lots of encrusted iron objects down deep here, including a rudder blade. photo-607.JPG photo-608.JPG
I found a cone shaped fishing lead from the 30s or 40s and even got a couple silver kennedy dimes in my clad, wich is rare for me. Got a dog tag and some buttons too. photo-618.JPG
183 coins and 56 fishing leads. photo-619.JPG
Got 3 silver rings , a white gold heart earring in 14k, a yellow gold aerring in 14k, and part of another gold earring, and some other junk jewelry. Of coarse I had all the bottle caps pull tabs and other junk too. Im happy that I have a new spot. Im gonna slowly clean this spot up and I think there will be some better finds here. All the lead here sits on a clay layer just under the sand and cobble. That being said the gold will show when I get this place cleaned up a bit. Pretty big and forgotten swim beach. At least forgotton by metal detectorists. photo-617.JPG
photo-621.JPG photo-620.JPG
Turquoise and silver was fresh drop, it cleaned up real nice. White gold was marked QG 14k im not sure what QG means. Quality Gold ?? The yellow gold had the tinest 14k mark ive ever seen !! Gonna have to get with my TN buddy and clean this spot up !! Oh ya!! I also got three pocket knives. 2 I was able to salvage. One is a kershaw speed safe assited opener. After careful cleaning this baby is one of the nicest smoothest pocket knives ive ever owned. My new everday carry knife !!

Attachments

• photo-608.JPG
    photo-608.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 0

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow and Wow! The amount of finds is flabbergasting. Looks like a virgin spot alright and you had a dream day in my book. Congrats and thanks for sharing! :notworthy:

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man, it's a good thing you didn't sink to the bottom with all of those finds! Congrats! :icon_thumright:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to agree -- a truly amazing booty haul mate! Congrats! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bill !! I still laugh every time I see your avatar. Ya it was a beautiful sunny day with gin clear water and no wind. And ya.... pishfindr, I had to dump on my lunch break, pockets were full and heavy.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey casper have you ever found those cone shaped leads ? If so what time period do you think there from.?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoo - baby what a haul.
And some old relics too!
Great mix of recoveries with more to come. Congrats.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my avatar, but I'd rather have a rare coin I've found as an avatar, like you, instead of a crazy cat with a pomelo on the head. :BangHead: Good luck on the next hunt and please post your finds, I have the feeling it will be a good one. :thumbsup:

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that's quite a haul with all that fanning your doing one, arm is going to be bigger than the other. great finds

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good thing you don't have to dig! Love hunts like these.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I paid the price for staying in the water all day. It appears that my rash guard/surf shirt had slipped up about 4 inches above my waist line exposing my plumbers crack to the broiling sun for 8 hours. Had to leave work early it hurt so bad. Pants and under ware rubing on severe sun burn is no good. Got a 4 inch strip of sunburn across my lower back/upper butt area. Talk about a wierd tan line !!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a lot of digging and long hours..but sure paid off!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions