JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So what's everyone's plans? I really hope it doesn't hit us here in South Fl, but if it does, I know I'll be out there asap with my detector. Can't believe I'm seeing 44+ FT waves on MS. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1504564932.822493.jpg

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It almost seems like some were removing items like water........ it sure went fast and very early. Of course i saw LOTS of hoarders saying ....... well we can always bring this back. Hunting isnt my priority. Property and people in my house are...... and basics for prep after the storm. Dont underestimate this storm........ then there are two more moving.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flgliderpilot, a couple MILLION in gold isn't good enough if you're dead or disabled. Safety first.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in an evacuation zone myself. I'm stocked up, gassed up and the shutters are locked. My only problem is the shut off valve on my generator is broken off so I can't use it unless it comes in the mail today or tomorrow. I still haven't decided whether to leave or not. I'm ready for either decision I make.

Regardless, I will be on the beach as soon as physically possible.

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I went out to Cocoa the day after the last storm. There was no electric, no gas,( pumps blown down to the ground ) water shut off, no bathrooms, wires down, roads damaged, bridges closed. County park open but no services. More people with detectors on the beach than I have ever seen in my life.
I will not be in a hurry to get out there. I am boarding up our home now. We have sandbags and extra beer.
Be Smart, Be Safe, GLTA

Tek

mlutz

Dec 20, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck to all in Irma's path!! Should you choose to stay. I am guessing the best move would be to head as far north as possible. WE don't get too many here thankfully. Please be safe down there from a VA resident.

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope all you guys are good over there......

Last post on this thread, from a local, was teklord on Thursday.

There is at least 10 of you from the area that posted.....

What's going on? We need some follow up.

:)

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it will be over fairly soon. Are ALL of the Florida keys and connecting roadways still there? The Inlet at Ocean City, MD was cut by a hurricane in the 1920's or 1930's, so this is not a smart alec question.

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good here just no power waiting to get out hope everyone Else is good

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We survived. I'd be hunting down Clearwater way but don't know if they have power or gas available ?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hope all you guys are good over there......

Last post on this thread, from a local, was teklord on Thursday.

There is at least 10 of you from the area that posted.....

What's going on? We need some follow up.

:)

Safe. I have been on the beaches from the moment the storm passed. There are several beaches that have been nicely eroded by by Irma, and some that have been sanded. I took a quick look at the Jupiter inlet on my way out to the Treasure Beaches, and honestly the inlet looked like it was sanded.....almost like a sandbar was closing it off! Perhaps it was an illusion, but I looked at it on my way up US1.

All I will say is that I am quite happy, and will continue to go out. I did not see many on the beaches I was hunting, just 2 others. Its not easy to get on or to all the beaches, but I have friends in low places that helped me along.

There are areas of exposed rock I have not seen before on some beaches. I have had very good success with this. If you go, I highly recommend brining chisels, crevice tools and a crack hammer. There were cuts, nothing as good as I was expecting, but decent. It also seemed like every damn turtle nest was destroyed as the beaches are full of turtle eggs. Also I have encountered a fair bit of black sand in the wet. Today was a beautiful day in general, very nice weather, sun shining........very typical of the "day after" with hurricanes. Stay safe!

ATPRoDon

Nov 26, 2007
Griffin, GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI, Whites V3i, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm headed to Myrtle Beach this Friday-Sunday with my Surf PI!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread