JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So what's everyone's plans? I really hope it doesn't hit us here in South Fl, but if it does, I know I'll be out there asap with my detector. Can't believe I'm seeing 44+ FT waves on MS. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1504564932.822493.jpg

Upvote 0

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even on the west coast people I know are leaving already, remembering small, but fast moving Andrew. Irma could be Andrews fat, slow moving sister?
SS

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even on the west coast people I know are leaving already, remembering small, but fast moving Andrew. Irma could be Andrews fat, slow moving sister?
SS

Seems so [emoji27]

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I'm with you guys. This is a Mother Nature nuclear bomb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SS

I gotta a place on the left coast.... Yikes!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't be going. If it's a direct hit on Florida, police won't let anyone in most neighborhoods, provided you could get there. Good way to get killed. Snakes, gators, downed live power lines, huge waves, rip tides, no electricity, sewage backups, and homeowners with guns. Yes, sounds appealing. Not.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't be going. If it's a direct hit on Florida, police won't let anyone in most neighborhoods, provided you could get there. Good way to get killed. Snakes, gators, downed live power lines, huge waves, rip tides, no electricity, sewage backups, and homeowners with guns. Yes, sounds appealing. Not.

I'm with you, bad place to be

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And if people get really weird, think "Deliverance". Or "Night of the Living Dead". Doesn't look good for the US from latest weather update.

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be interesting. And scary. I'm glad my house is at least block construction !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As a Florida native, being thru each Hurricane in the last 44 years, I will be out immediately following the storm. If you use common sense you should avoid serious issue. Hurricane Andrew, a Cat 5, caused about 65 deaths.......most of which was south florida, which was about 40 and easily attributable from stupid things such as trying to be outside (homeless) during the storm. That puts the odds at around .000005

The roads will be hell, every public area that can be fenced/locked will be, no one would advise you to be out.........but I will be going, as I have done each time. I hate these storms, but if its going to come, and do its thing, I am at least going to capture the silver lining.

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
As a Florida native, being thru each Hurricane in the last 44 years, I will be out immediately following the storm. If you use common sense you should avoid serious issue. Hurricane Andrew, a Cat 5, caused about 65 deaths.......most of which was south florida, which was about 40 and easily attributable from stupid things such as trying to be outside (homeless) during the storm. That puts the odds at around .000005

The roads will be hell, every public area that can be fenced/locked will be, no one would advise you to be out.........but I will be going, as I have done each time. I hate these storms, but if its going to come, and do its thing, I am at least going to capture the silver lining.

Have you ever had issues with roads being closed due to possible downed electric lines? I know here in NC they close the roads to traffic until the all clear is given.

If it climbs the East coast, I'll be out as soon as possible too!

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Have you ever had issues with roads being closed due to possible downed electric lines? I know here in NC they close the roads to traffic until the all clear is given.

If it climbs the East coast, I'll be out as soon as possible too!

yes, expect down lines, power outages, flooding, down trees, unstable trees, so you have to be smart, and careful. You may or may not be able to get out.

Emitt

Jul 27, 2016
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Vintage Whites Prz III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If, and it's a big if, my yard full of trees doesn't come thru my roof, I'll close my shop and hut the beach. Let's hope we miss the line of fire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well,its still early....water was sold out from key largo to key west????

Which key are you on keys hunter, im in largo. Im all stocked up but....man I may bug out. I evacuated to florida city for andrew. BIG mistake. I would have been way better off In key largo.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Signal, what goodies have you found immediately after a hurricane that was worth the risk? Diamonds, escudos? etc?

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
Which key are you on keys hunter, im in largo. Im all stocked up but....man I may bug out. I evacuated to florida city for andrew. BIG mistake. I would have been way better off In key largo.
middle of islamorada ,we could go to vero but not yet .tom at tinys has water coming in ,i prepaid for a bunch...

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dunno, I'm waiting a day to decide if I stay or go. I've been here all my life and never ran from a storm, but a CAT 5 on the west side of pinellas would be a nightmare.

A couple hundred in gold isn't worth it ... I'll be busy protecting my stuff from (almost guaranteed) looters if there is a lot of damage.

Once everything is somewhat stable, yes I'll hit the beach... maybe too late, maybe not. I'm only a couple miles away from the beach.

hookahman

Aug 6, 2013
I am going to try to hit south beach the next day and the day before.....if anybody wants to come along.....

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the panhandle. People here were freaking out yesterday, water was sold out as well as gas. The forecast track shifted to the east and sanity has been restored. Y'all stay safe down south.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread