Treasure Coast Beaches

1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just wondering if folks here had info on the treasure coast beaches. Does it typically take a long time for them to open back up before people can detect on them? Are some Beaches opened before others or does that just depend on safety concerns? I've been in Florida for about tens years now but have not been able to get up there and hunt yet. Figured after the storm is probably a good time to check it out (me and probably a thousand others) lol. Any advice that can be shared is greatly appreciated. If anyone's looking for a hunting buddy give me a shout I'd love to go out with someone that knows the area. Thanks

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only a thousand others? I think you've grossly underestimated the number of detectorists fantasizing about that area! :laughing7:

OP
OP
1HappyHunter

1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Haha I can only imagine it's a pure mad house but there has to be areas that have to be better than others in terms of the amounts of other detectorists. But if I can't even get out there than I would rather stay local than making the trip up.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Police will keep you out for a while - they set up road blocks and you have to show your license to get into most neighborhoods or drive down most
streets for the first week or 2
one year - that I know of personally - police were stopping all hunters and throwing them off because they had police buddies that hunted
and they wanted in first - I witnessed this personally and from what I heard - some of those guys got Spanish gold coins

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mark my words - there are guys that have done well after hurricanes there and they have good idea where stuffs been found and where the
wrecks are off shores and you'll see some good stuff posted I'm sure - if you don't go there - just wait for the southern beaches to re open
put a mask on and look for hard bottom areas and go for 20th century gold - last hurricane - a friend got 30 "older" gold in a week in Ft.laud. finding a blown
out spot that took all the sand out and there were just rocks and coral rubble
I got lucky one year on a trip following not a hurricane but a rough storm and hit such an area and got 26 pieces of gold in a few days
good luck

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Coast beach cams positioned to watch Hurricane Irma come ashore here:

Eager for a look at how Hurricane Irma is affecting local beaches? There are a few ways to watch as the storm blows in, so long as there's power and internet.

Several cameras are positioned along the Treasure Coast offering live video streams of waves crashing onto the sand. Other cameras throughout the area provide snapshot updates of conditions every few minutes.

[Downside: overload from too many Viewers at one time may also cause issues]

Treasure Coast beach cams can offer glimpses of Hurricane Irma

Last edited:

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought what about taking a kayak through the inlet to get beach access do you think it still wind up in trouble??

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought what about taking a kayak through the inlet to get beach access do you think it still wind up in trouble??

I won't tell :coffee2:

I heard a Comment on Fox.

Not sure if it was a Mayor or the Governor.

He said If your on the Beach when they Shut thing down.
You may as well stay there Till the storm is over.

Hint Hint ! Tie a rope to something Solid & yourself And feel free to hunt during the storm :laughing7:

Last edited:

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I live near the inlet. Maybe if you're a navy seal with full gear, dual tanks and a death wish. Which rock jetty do you want to get shredded on, north or south? Jet Ski, there you go.

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no way I would take it during the storm I more meant after the storm has passed and things have calm down normally they don't allow you on the islands for at least a couple days but the thought was to get a jumpstart after the storm has passed

OP
OP
1HappyHunter

1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Probably still be a pretty crazy ride on a kayak even multiple days after the storm. I'd rather wait for the bridge to reopen. Lol. I have many beaches closer to me just really want to get up there and hunt. Sucks the cops actually can get out there first. I can only imagine what it feels like to look in your scoop and see a 300 year old coin!!!! [emoji15][emoji43]

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a nice gold ring on a beach 1100 miles north TODAY and didn't even get hot or wet or windblown.

high&dry

Mar 8, 2014
SWFL
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you all stay safe and find lots of treasure before the Police do! Post your finds!

OP
OP
1HappyHunter

1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Pics or it never happened smokey [emoji38][emoji16]

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have pics, in am, the cat needs its cap nap now and sunlight will make for a better photo. Got a LOT of stuff to show for this week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions