wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
East Coast - More wrecks on or near the beaches, than you will find along the Florida west coast.

Tom

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
grady2714, do you hunt alone or you looking for a hunting partner? There are beaches on the west side if you know where to look. I won't disclose here because everybody would be hunting them. What type of metal detector do you have? How long have you been detecting? Thanks! ;D

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
grady,

I live in misery, I mean missouri! ;D and manage to travel to FL twice a year just to metal detect beaches. My range is from Fort Lauderdale to South Miami and from Marco Island to Clearwater Beach :o

I enjoy detectin either side, each is unique! ::)

The atlantic side has surf/waves and it is a challenge to get out into the surf and let the waves pound ya! :D

The gulf side can be stagnet, calm or at least not as choppy as the altantic. ;)

I honestly think one can find nice finds on either side. :o

My fav on the atlantic is west palm with south palm right behind ;)

On the gulf it's Naples pier with Sanibel Island right behind ;)

GOOD LUCK WITH WHERE EVER YOUR TRAVELS TAKE YA! 8)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
East side of state is just as nice. The Daytona Beach area alone (Flagler Beach to South Daytona) has just over 23 miles of beaches you can detect, there are a little over 8 million vistors a year to the Daytona beaches area.

You also have the surf that is constantly turning up the sand and opening up holes to detect where you can find old gold and silver drops from years ago.

Mike in Fla.

Sep 4, 2005
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Quattro, Minelab Exp. II, Garrett Ace 250, GTXA 1000,
I've found more on the west side, but that's because I have hunted more on the west coast, but both are good and have their own good and bad qualities.

Mike

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
i would decide what do i want to hunt for . Then i would look for the area that best fits my reason for going out. If I wanted to find some rings I would look for the busiest beaches then go there before lowtide. If I wanted to try and find some Spanish treasure i would definitely hit the east coast but i would make sure my frame of mind was ready to search hard and not be disappointed if the results were poor. The old stuff is the hardest stuff to find but when you do it pays off big time
HH
Lowtones

OP
OP
G

grady2714

Greenie
Jul 12, 2006
tavares. fla
Detector(s) used
explorer II
FLauthor, I started detecting in Calif. in the late 70's, early 80's with a White's, then a Garrett. Mostly old yards. Then to Ohio with my Garrett. Then took a long break, moved to Tavares, Fla. and got a Minelab Explorer from Kellyco a year ago. My preference has been to detect alone, but mainly for the convenience. I'm open to a get together sometime, somewhere. I haven't done much beach detecting, but 2 weekends ago we went, and I was fortunate enough to help a man find a $1500 ring he'd lost in the surf the day b4, and then I found a nice ring that I got to keep , and that kind of got me exited, since it's worth probably several hundred dollars.

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
i'll be going to daytona beach first of sept, for aweek, will let you know how i did, the hotel booked and im set to go, 2weeks away, the weather here where i live was 105 today, been in the 100's i think 8 days now and thursday calling for 100 also.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RJ,

I have to use or lose a weeks vacation, I tried to get the same week off that you will be in Daytona, and use 1 of the 3 weeks I have banked at my timeshare, unfortunately I can't get off work that week. :( I am going to have to take off the week before. I will give you my contact #'s and at least meet you on the weekend for a couple hunts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions