Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By G. I. Digger
  • 1 Post By Indian Steve
  • 1 Post By Xraywolf

Thread: Whats the Scoop?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Director Road Operations Port Authority Pittsburgh

Jun 2008
    Jefferson Hills, Pa
    Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark
    105 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

What's the Scoop?

Looking to purchase a Stealth 920iX scoop but have a question regarding the handle. I plan to pack the scoop when I head on vacation and saw that they make a travel handle but it is almost $200. I am ok with the $235 for the scoop but I think the carbon fiber pole, I am sure it is worth it, but a bit much. I plan to give my Tesoro Sand Shark to my wife and buy an Excal 2 as we are doing salt water detecting next year at Sebastian Beach, Fla. Any idea's as to a pole? Also is the 20 percent tilt on the handle a good idea?
    Retired military veteran 23 years Army/Air Force. Six years Army Security Agency, seventeen years Air Force Reserves. Other hobbies include radio controled aircraft, build model aircraft stands for sale, firing my Smith Wesson 9mm, 357 magnum, and K-22 Model 17 Masterpiece, copying morse code on my completely restored military R-391.

I love my 920 IX Hybrid with 20 degree hardwood shaft. My scoop hass the tiny slots in the back to catch those small post earings. I put 1/4 inch screen in the bottom {zip tied} and a magnet in the middle to catch the bobby pins, etc. The screen is not good in damp sand but works great in the water.
    ChampFerguson/TN likes this.

us
    Nov 2013
    TN
    Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
    1142 times
    Metal Detecting
    Pole angle is purely personal preference. I have a 90 but found that I prefer a 20. Thatll be my next Steath.
    Another option for traveling is to not take your pole and just pick up a throwaway wooden one at HomeD/Lowes when you arrive.
    "Those who cannot compete intellectually tend to develop a cultural aversion to the whole idea." -- Fred Reed
    ========================================
    Minelab Safari
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab CTX 3030

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Deus XP, AT Pro, F75SE, Ace 400
    1839 times
    Metal Detecting
    Not in the least worth it IMO, I 2nd the home depot rake handle suggestion, just $10.
    I wrapped mine in pipe insulation foam for extra buoyancy, floats but barely which is just the way I like it. Has lasted 3 tough seasons and ready for more, would take quite an effort to snap it.

Just keep in mind you'll need something to secure it [1" screw].
    Nothing to stop you from making this into a travel handle, but I would think the joint would then become a weak point which may or may not be up to the strain.
    ChampFerguson/TN likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links