A couple of things... including large .925 chain and 18k gold ring

1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So not to start off on a rant or anything but does it make anyone else mad as hell when you try to stay out of someone else's way Metal detecting at the beach and they keep hopping right in front of you and then to make it worse they don't fill in their holes? This happened to me the other day and this guy would not stop cutting me off and he wouldn't fill in a single hole I guess the part that pissed me off the most was every time I tried to get out of his way he would make it a point to get right back in front of me. Oh well on to some of the good stuff. These were a few of my pre-Irma finds from two or three different beach hunts.

These two were just junkers ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505874596.797184.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505874765.430161.jpg

This is a stainless steel Vancaro ring that is inscribed on the inside it's says "I love her" ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505874847.598035.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505874884.481379.jpg

Then this monster chain came out of the water... I thought it was a dog chain the way it just kept pulling up out of the sand lol ended up being .925 ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505875049.754513.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505875097.522237.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505875126.710470.jpg

Last but not least this mangled 18k gold ring. Best part is while searching in a particular spot someone comes up to me and tells me I won't find anything in the spot because it's full of nails and trash(which there was a ton) it's where they put in somewhat of a new beach entrance and not five minutes after they said something I pulled out this gold ring. Made it feel all that much better! On top of that I almost decided not to go because it look like bad thunderstorms were rolling in ...so bottom line is you won't know if you don't go!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505875372.738157.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505875391.662581.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505875412.483779.jpg

One last question. Should I clean off the green encrusted patina and if so any best methods for doing so or do I just leave it like that in the collection? Thanks all and Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Sweet ring. What kind of stone is it?

Did they pull sand up onto the beach for this new section? It looks like it's been pounded in surf.

OP
OP
1HappyHunter

1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sweet ring. What kind of stone is it?

Did they pull sand up onto the beach for this new section? It looks like it's been pounded in surf.

There's no sand in any of my pictures so I'm not sure what surf you're referring to, however no they have not brought in new sand at the entrance. Also there is no stone on that ring that is visible the green crust you see is encrustation from being in the sand for so long.

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Ok there compadre. Take it easy. You said they were beach hunts. I just made that crazy leap of logic that beaches have oodles and oodles of sand. Crazy I know!

Congratulations anyway and happy hunting.

OP
OP
1HappyHunter

1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Lol they are from the beach didn't mean to come off like that so my apologies. I think the ring got ran over by a beach tractor or something it's definitely beat up pretty good. Now after Irma there's not much sand left on this particular beach. Hope to get out there soon and see if I can find any other goodies. I would like to know how I should clean off the green crust from that ring though.

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey 1HH , Nice finds ! Check out YouTube for jewelry electrolysis. You'll probably find the info you need to clean up that ring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work!!! Next time strike up conversation and tell him your heading over to (X) beach later today because there was a rolex lost there a year ago and noone has found it yet, but your mom who lives out there said there is a lot of sand removed. Then continue hunting as he speeds off to that beach lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread