Got my new toy

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my new toy in the day can't wait for the battery to charge to take it on a test run this is my upgrade from a beach hunter ID hopefully the learning curve is not too bad ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506206860.523322.jpg

Upvote 0

1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That carbon fiber shaft is definitely sweet enjoy let us know how you do with the new toy!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrads on the New Excalibur! Get yourself some McNett Silicon spray and spray down during storage and once every few weeks after a wash down. Good Luck!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrads on the New Excalibur! Get yourself some McNett Silicon spray and spray down during storage and once every few weeks after a wash down. Good Luck!!
Very, very good advice BY OBN, I second it. Also give it a hot shower on your return home and wash that salt residue off, hot water works much better in getting the salt residue off than cold water shower at beach or hose in yard.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spray is on order thanks for the advice anything else I should do to the machine and so far today all I found was aluminum cans going out later this evening to another beach if I find anything good I'll posted thanks again for the advice

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Learning curve should be easy. Run it in Pin Point for max depth and stability. Switch to Disc to eliminate iron targets. Turn Volume to Max, Discriminate knob to 1, Sensitivity knob to Auto or just off Auto (for most areas. You may have to adjust further in bad mineralizaton), and Threshold to whatever is comfortable to you. Some like silent search, but, I prefer a threshold tone. I find it easier to hear a faint change in the threshold than when it's in silent. Dig everything that is not a dead null iron target. You'll still get a few deep rusty nails and bottle caps, but, you'll find goodies other machines won't also. The main thing is to get out there and put some hours in.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Gold with your new machine! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first ring little sterling silver and what looks to be turquoise pinky ring
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506374890.228971.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506374936.383220.jpg

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ring number 2 bold steel found so far I'm very happy with the new machine i'm getting deeper and smaller targets tonight have a quick question if anyone can answer there's a certain spot on the beach between last night and tonight I've been finding a bunch of coins Iron and some bobby pins in a little 15 x 15 area wet sand what's the chances of finding jewelry in that same spot would it be mixed in with the coins would it be above the coins or below the coins they are mixed from tops the bottom on the square another scenario would be a straight line of coins would the jewelry be above the coin line or below
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506649562.825296.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506649572.299119.jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might depend on what metal is in the jewelry. Gold, Platinum, and Tungsten Carbide are very heavy metals and should be down deeper than the lighter metals, all things being equal. If you're finding can slaw, foil, and zinc cents, you might find a Titanium, Aluminum, or other junk type ring, but, not likely the heavy stuff. If you have an area with coins, I'd hunt it anyway, regardless, as there could be other interesting items in there too. Oddball pieces of jewelry and silver items can be anywhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions