anderson coil weight

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Not the Anderson weight, but a piece of stainless steel rod stock cut to about 6 inches and slid down the lower shaft.
If you can't find ss rod, a bolt will do, cut off the head. Just make sure it will slide into the shaft. It works on my SurfMaster Pro. I have been using mine for some 20+years.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quit richarding around and get a Sand Shark! :tongue3: My buddy uses a small sandbag on his, might want to try that and save some money. :occasion14:

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
I used the Anderson weight for the dual field. I took it off and found that the resistance of the Coil floating up and pushing it was easier in the water if that makes any sense. I just push it and keep it just above the level of the sand - it just glides under the water.

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using the DF for five years, hip mounted controls on a Anderson CF shaft...the "floating coil" has never been a concern or problem.
SS

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
The floating coil bothered me at first but it didn't take long to get used to it. Try it for a while and I think you'll see what I mean.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread