🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found the owner to class ring I found a few years ago
Made return to woman at her 50th class reunion last night
she graduated in 1967 and lost her ring that Summer
took more than the usual research to find her - searched thru like 100 links -ended up finding her mothers obituary (which had her maiden name)
but that led to dead ends but it mentioned her husband as her mothers son in law with her married name - I could not find her with her
married name anywhere but found her husband - who luckily is a big deal in a lot of circles and was able to eventually able to contact
her thru him - we both agreed it would be cool to make return at her reunion which was last night - she was so happy of course
I must have gotten about 50 hugs - one for each year lost - she works part time for the town paper and they are doing an article
and among her husbands accolades - he writes a sportsmen's column for a large news paper (he is a big game hunter and fisherman among other things )
and wants to do a story not only on the return - but on the hobby in general.
2017caspr.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We cannot have a better ambassador for the hobby, astonishing work! WTG Casper!
there are lot more hunters that have made more returns than I - ive returned about 20 rings over the years - not counting keys, glasses, other jewelry and other items
but there are guys that return 20 a year out there - just wish the general public new that - yes ...now and then you see a return make the news - but we know 100s
get made every year = they just made detecting illegal in a few more spots out here - I think it was because of holes in grassy parks but they took beach and water away too
so if someone were to lose a ring there tomorrow = it would be illegal for me to go find :censored:

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That was a Franklin half - that beach was a site of a mid 1800s wharf - Ive have found 2 large cents, a 2 cent piece and around 10 IH pennies among other older coins there
not a large spot but they still swim there - Ive gotten a fair amount of 20th century silver coins from there for the size of it

Very nice! Thanks for filling me in. It sounds like a great spot! Have fun.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome story, awesome return Casper! Wow lost for 50 years. Great job on the dedicated return.

Louisiana Ken

Sep 17, 2012
Lacombe, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excallibur II
Minelab E-Trac
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That’s awesome and a great feeling returning a ring that’s sentimental to someone! I have one that is loaded with info but seems almost impossible to return.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s awesome and a great feeling returning a ring that’s sentimental to someone! I have one that is loaded with info but seems almost impossible to return.
If you -or anyone else really wants to try and make a return - Id be more than happy to try and help
if not me - I have a friend I can put you in touch with that is a police officer and a treasure hunter that's has made many returns and help many others
make returns

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had my wedding ring found, that's how I met the hobby. So I guess I appreciate it some more when I see a ring returned to their owner. That said, having returned about 20 rings, you're a good person without any doubt and don't forget some charge a fee to do it. We need more Caspers!

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just passing through brother looking good!! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread