🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found the owner to class ring I found a few years ago
Made return to woman at her 50th class reunion last night
she graduated in 1967 and lost her ring that Summer
took more than the usual research to find her - searched thru like 100 links -ended up finding her mothers obituary (which had her maiden name)
but that led to dead ends but it mentioned her husband as her mothers son in law with her married name - I could not find her with her
married name anywhere but found her husband - who luckily is a big deal in a lot of circles and was able to eventually able to contact
her thru him - we both agreed it would be cool to make return at her reunion which was last night - she was so happy of course
I must have gotten about 50 hugs - one for each year lost - she works part time for the town paper and they are doing an article
and among her husbands accolades - he writes a sportsmen's column for a large news paper (he is a big game hunter and fisherman among other things )
and wants to do a story not only on the return - but on the hobby in general.
2017caspr.jpg

Upvote 0

1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great return! Congrats on all the hard work glad to see it paid off

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome story Casper. Thanks for bringing good PR to the hobby. You rock.
Edit: can we get a honorable mention on this?

Last edited:

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Casper, Great return.

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Always nice to see a great return!
IMG_1137.JPG

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Casper! You look like you are carrying a loaded double barrel CZ-21 in you left hand! Grin....

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Don't you just love it, returning a ring or other personal item is even better the the moment it is found.
Can't wait to read the media stories. Please be sure to post them.
Thanks for all you are and have done for the hobby.
WaterWalker

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that is a great return and a really good adventure in the story thanks

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done Sir. Well done indeed! :thumbsup:

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Casper congrats to you. You can't ask for a better memory or time. It's great to see she made your day and you made hers. It took a lot of research to make the return. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greybear

Dec 22, 2011
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found the owner to class ring I found a few years ago
Made return to woman at her 50th class reunion last night
she graduated in 1967 and lost her ring that Summer
took more than the usual research to find her - searched thru like 100 links -ended up finding her mothers obituary (which had her maiden name)
but that led to dead ends but it mentioned her husband as her mothers son in law with her married name - I could not find her with her
married name anywhere but found her husband - who luckily is a big deal in a lot of circles and was able to eventually able to contact
her thru him - we both agreed it would be cool to make return at her reunion which was last night - she was so happy of course
I must have gotten about 50 hugs - one for each year lost - she works part time for the town paper and they are doing an article
and among her husbands accolades - he writes a sportsmen's column for a large news paper (he is a big game hunter and fisherman among other things )
and wants to do a story not only on the return - but on the hobby in general.
View attachment 1499962

Great story! It one of the things I love about this hobby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
close up of the ring
casp4gzf12dd999DSC00159.jpg
other keepers from that day - the large signet was first find that day - was a whisper and down real deep
was in waist deep water as tide was going out - I was shocked cause it was not far out - in a spot that is
loaded with sinkers - The class ring was last target of that day - sun was just below the horizon
and was heading back in at twilight. It was about chest deep just after low and was also a whisper signal in all metal-
again was a nice surprise - specially to end that day
casp4gold928.JPG

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome story Casper. Thanks for bringing good PR to the hobby. You rock.
Edit: can we get a honorable mention on this?
He did put in a lot of time and effort into it. Check off the "One of the good guys" box next to his name.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He did put in a lot of time and effort into it. Check off the "One of the good guys" box next to his name.
I tried to find her after finding - after finding her in year book - lots of dead ends
with a guy - you can look up his name usually and find him or his obituary if an older ring
woman get married and most times you cant find their married name - and if they've gotten married
multiple times - forget about it
I went thru a lot of links - read abunch of obituaries from around the town and when I almost gave up - read one that mentioned a daughter
with same first name - but that did not give her married name till I read the rest and found son in law mentioned in it
still not give me her after searching married name - had to search her husband and finally contacted him to get to her
was not one of my quickest returns

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a heartwarming story and you are an ambassador for the metal detecting community! Congratulations on the detecting and detective work!

I was surprised to see your Indian Head from an ocean find...and what was the larger coin in upper left? looks like a copper?

Happy hunting and making the world a better place!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a heartwarming story and you are an ambassador for the metal detecting community! Congratulations on the detecting and detective work!

I was surprised to see your Indian Head from an ocean find...and what was the larger coin in upper left? looks like a copper?

Happy hunting and making the world a better place!

That was a Franklin half - that beach was a site of a mid 1800s wharf - Ive have found 2 large cents, a 2 cent piece and around 10 IH pennies among other older coins there
not a large spot but they still swim there - Ive gotten a fair amount of 20th century silver coins from there for the size of it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread