Threshold Mode

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC_6202.jpg
Using the stock 8" coil and my lower shaft as a measuring stick, all of these recoveries, along with a lot of coins from the 40-50's, were beyond the 15" range. All I was focused on were those faint threshold breaks. Also, I might add that you really can't trust the tonal range in Disc mode until you get closer to the target as those tones will vary quite a bit as you get the coil closer to that target. A good set of headphones and learning to hunt with the threshold feature is the key to accessing these deeper goodies. I only hunted a few hours on this trip. Cheers....

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
So true Big Scoop!! Dig all in PP and don't judge until you get a good solid hit disc. Some very nice treasures!! Like that belcher mounting gold ring, shame the stone is missing..one of my favorite. :headbang:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So true Big Scoop!! Dig all in PP and don't judge until you get a good solid hit disc. Some very nice treasures!! Like that belcher mounting gold ring, shame the stone is missing..one of my favorite. :headbang:

I found another one that same afternoon with a blue center stone but I apparently fractured the ring during recovery and only got it in pieces....:laughing7:

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting how you detected those deep lying treasures.......very nice!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and some terrific finds...what kind of ring is that in the middle?

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the exact same ring as you have on the right a few weeks ago, just in way toastier condition haha 20170923_191149_resized.jpg

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and some terrific finds...what kind of ring is that in the middle?

Not sure but probably just copper, still unpacking from a recent move and trying to get that somewhat in order before the next treasure camp trip. Still have a lot of recoveries to go through and clean up this winter so I'm just trying to keep adding to it before the ice forms....:laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the exact same ring as you have on the right a few weeks ago, just in way toastier condition haha View attachment 1503570

Twins! I use a rechargeable Drimel Tool and a 511E or 512E buffing wheel to clean up most of my silver & gold recoveries. Works really quick and well but I probably wouldn't do it on anything that could hold extreme value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions