Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a picture of the Equinox waterproof headphones connector for all those interested. I found the pic searching the web it is from a foreign website. equinox-minel.png If anybody can find this connector I would like to make a Equinox to CTX headphone adapter. website showed a 3year warranty also.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
T

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not worried about detector warranty as I am only modifying the headphone cable that screws into it

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll be silicone gluing mine in, no problem. The machine looks fantastic so I'm willing to accept a few challenges in exchange.

jessadr

Jul 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a hole coming in that speaker cone It will be flooded. Not likely but all things wear out.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not, i thought that too at first. No o-rings period. Only seal is that rubber washer, but supposedly the inside of the connector is sealed, so water can't get into the unit even with the headphones are unplugged. Not sure if I believe that, but salt water would probably damage the connector pins anyway.

BTW, I actually got my machine and I was wrong on this there definitely IS an o-ring in that connector.... it's really hard to see because it's small and well tucked away but it's there. No need to monkey with this connector we are good to go.

howie#1

Aug 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See sliders 66 post on Equinox 800 headphone question started on 03/14/18, pic of my home made water proof connectors, I have some time on it seems to be water proof & working.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread