RNB 3000 battery results

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I installed the RNB 3000 battery in my Excal II. It has a 10" coil, OBN's remote PP and Bart's Blasters headphones. It was a loose fit in the battery pod so I used armaflex tape to make it a snug fit. I charged it until the green light came on and voltmeter read 12.5 volts. I got an amazing 46 1/2 hours before I heard the low battery squak. At that time the voltmeter read 10.4 volts. It took about an hour for a full recharge. I usually dig between 100 and 200 targets on a normal hunt but I'm not sure if that has an affect on the battery. I would definitely recommend this battery.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, a great battery. I get even more hours than what you got. I have one for my E-trac too. Amazing how long they last. :icon_thumright:

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Great Battery!!!! I have a 2900 RNB in my Safari goes about 30 hours or roughly two plus weeks or more to charging. Depending on when I get out to go detecting some place, way better than the battery it came with which was 7-8 hours, tired of charging it every day after a hunt. It will be the best thing you got for your detector bar none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep digging

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have on in my MXT and in addition to lasting a long time it doesn't discharge on the shelf, so after days I can grab and go and not worry about charging every time before it is used..

dirtfisherman

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Blue excal, etrac, DFX, garret pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah these rnb batteries are great. The best thing is I can leave the xcal or ETrac in the car and whenever the chance comes up you’re ready to detect. Recharge time is nothing either. I used to have to plan out my digs with overnight battery charging now I just go

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread