JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I'll be in the Bahamas between December 26th - January 3rd for work related reasons. I'm going to take this opportunity to bring my metal detector! Does anybody have any info on some cheaper hostels/hotels that may be possibly walking distance to the beach? Comfort is not really an issue, all I really want to do is detect. I would be looking for a place right the night of the 3rd, and maybe till the 6th.

Any info would be amazing! I would even be interested in camping!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also, any recommendations for a travel scoop? I want to be hunting primarily in the water

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
youre gonna pay more right on any beach - little less across the street from a beach - I usually use Cheap Carribean .com for my trips
I try to find a hotel on a beach with hotels to the right and left of me - rings from my last trip there a few yrs ago

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is my older scoop - 2 piece RTG travel model - I had a newer one made by them and had them add a stainless lip to it to cut in better

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
youre gonna pay more right on any beach - little less across the street from a beach - I usually use Cheap Carribean .com for my trips
I try to find a hotel on a beach with hotels to the right and left of me - rings from my last trip there a few yrs ago

Amazing ! Super excited to get out there!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What island are you going to.

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What island are you going to.

I'll be working on Big Grand Cay, it's a privately owned Island. Not to many people go there, so I don't think Ill really find much. After I'm done working on the island, I plan on going to the main island for detecting.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know that area very well. Big Grand has a beach on the North side. Might do good there, but being private, it is not visited except by super wealthy folks. That can be a good thing. Fairly calm and shallow there. Soft sand on beach and in water. Also there is a mile Long Beach on Bakers bay. Which does get some people. Also soft and calm beach. Only motels are on Grand Cay. Talk to Rosie at the fuel dock, if you need a place to stay. I would assume if you are working on Big Grand, you will stay there. Pretty remote there. Give us a report.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Rosie or his wife can set you up with anything you might need. Boat trip, fishing etc and can answer any questions. A good fishing guide is Gary Rolles.

mham2

Jan 12, 2009
massillon,ohio/bradenton florida
Detector(s) used
minelab/excalibur 11, minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wood handle and brass inserts from home depot very strong when screwed together ,will fit any stealth scoop 25" long when separated ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1511109250.712796.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1511109273.369137.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1511109297.501142.jpg

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is why I love T-Net, all of you are so helpful and so kind! Thank you!

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This is why I love T-Net, all of you are so helpful and so kind! Thank you!
You will see at Grand Cay, they are not motels, but rooms for rent, cottages and things like that. Not bad, just not typical motels. Like I said ask for Rosie. He can hook you up. I assume the guys who run the boat back and forth to Big Grand can drop you off right there. Rosie owns the marina, store, restaurant, bar, cottages, rental houses, commercial fishing fleet and fish, conch and lobster and stone crab business etc. king of the island. Or ask for Max, has a big dock with rental rooms just to the left of Rosies. Ask ahead of time, as that time of year could be busy. I don't know.

Last edited:

Tenderfoot

Mar 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper how did they attach a ss edge to the aluminum scoop?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread