Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoping to find gold - came up with this instead - water find down real real deep ...barely went off - was a whisper
I fanned like 5-6 ins with dive boot and it got louder - thought I had a big fishing weight maybe - scooped straight down
and rechecked and thought I had a can -took 3 scoops to get it
saw stainless band hanging off of scoop lip and thought I had a stainless chain - big surprise - my eyes are shot had to wait til my GF
walked up and confirmed it said Cartier - I had a feeling it might be - I saw similar design found by another hunter few yrs
back - his was a womans. It is heavy as heck - you could knock someone out with it. crystal is scratch free..it has a serial #
when found - second hand was not moving - but when I gave it to my GF - it was - told her "I think those are self winding" - they are
time in sand it stopped being in my pouch got it restarted
but years ago I found a Rolex Submariner on south beach and it turned out to be a fake - so not counting my chickens
DSC00164.JPG

Upvote 0

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Good find. Hoping it's real, but congrats on a cool find regardless.

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
IMO it's real, stainless steel roadster GMT XL, most fakes wouldn't have the extra hand for dual time zones and it would've leaked and not restarted. Congrats Casper great find, get it to a jeweler to confirm the Cartier automatic movement. The rest is correct just need to look under the hood.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
If after finding that watch 6" deep on the floor of the ocean and all you do to get it to work is wipe it off and shake it, I'd say it was a good watch even if fake. Hoping it's real. Good luck.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its real its banner material in my opinion !! Great findCasper. Wow !! That will motivate even the most lazy treasure hunters to get up and get out there. Sweeeet, congrats !!

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would bet it's the real deal too. Most knock offs have a Japanese quartz movement and not a true mechanical movement. Since it started running after being deeply buried and having a sapphire crystal likely steers it more to being real. I don't know if those watches are the same as most Rolex fakes but if the second hand runs smooth and doesn't "tick" that's another good sign. I sure hope it's the real deal. Like someone else said, if it is a fake, it is a high quality fake. Congrats!

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep us updated on if it is real or not. Fingers crossed that it is! Congrats either way!

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet find! Keep us posted as the whether it's real. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pic of Rolex (fake) found years ago on a trip to South Beach - kind of funny story behind that one
Met up with 2 "locals" (they are from Ft.Lauderdale) at South Beach Miami
Weather was not good - grey skies- high winds - water was like a washing machine - was like 8am ..couple hrs before low tide
I have limited time and have to make the most what is handed to me - so I jump in
They say they are local and can wait for better weather and said they will see if I get any gold and they just hang on shore
and talk treasure and laugh as I get battered - I started finding a bunch of quarters - good sign and yell to them I'm getting coins
they say not good enough - then I got a huge silver band and they said still not good enough - then I get a watch and hold it up
they look at each other and think about it and ask - "is it working?" - I say yes but I just think is a half way decent sports watch
I don't bother to look for name brand plus I'm getting hammered by small waves and pushed to and fro and just drop in pouch and they ask if its gold
- I say no. So they tell me to keep it up - I think I got another silver ring and got a bunch more coins but I was getting beat up pretty
good and got out after bout an hour. I show them the huge ring - it was really big and looked like it was lost recently - no tarnish
on it yet - could've been lost the day before - they were hoping I was finding greenies and older finds
- then I pull out the watch and both their jaws drop and then a few expletives -
They grab it from me and tell me "you got a Rolex Submariner!" I say "Really...its a Rolex?" They cant believe it and I cant either.
I said "see ...it was worth me jumping in" They are getting ready to eat crow and admit defeat but then say "You know they sell a lot of fakes
around here" I went back to my hotel room and got on puter to look them up. The band was nice when found - pic was taken after I got it home
- not a good sign when bands pins are bleeding rust on a dive watch. Glass magnifier over date does not magnify and back is glass with
Rolex and crown in gold - which Rolex supposedly never did :BangHead:- other than that it looked great - soooooo
we'll see on this one - pulling it from close to 2 ft down in the sand in waist deep salt water and shows no signs of rust with crystal
being totally scratch free are good signs - will keep everyone up dated
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1590-picture821358.html

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome find Casper! My money is on the fact it is the real McCoy. There is no way a fake would be able to withstand that kind of abuse let alone a scratch free crystal. Well done my friend!

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Very nice! I would get it looked at and the Rolex. That could be the real deal too.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! I would get it looked at and the Rolex. That could be the real deal too.
Rolex is a fake - I was able to prove that myself - it has like 3 red flags - no red flags on the Cartier yet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread