Attachments

• 100_0140 Exc 2.jpg
    100_0140 Exc 2.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 262
Upvote 0
M

minelabex1000

Yes, it looks like a pretty nice rig.

Some have gone to hip mounts to reduce the awful weight problem and lack of balance. The hip setup also greatly alleviates much of the water resistance in water hunting.

I personally went with a new straight shaft similar to your example here. I purchased mine off ebay.

You can find the item by putting the words "straight shaft minelab Excalibur" into the ebay search. I'm not associated in anyway with the seller but he makes good stuff and is a heck of a nice guy.

Attachments

• shaft.jpg
    shaft.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 248
OP
OP
U

uppermi

My setup was made from parts laying around in the garage. I wanted to keep the controls up front. I use the disc. all metal allot.

M

minelabex1000

uppermi said:
My setup was made from parts laying around in the garage. I wanted to keep the controls up front. I use the disc. all metal allot.

Yes, on mine the controls are a little awkward. But, for my type of hunting I don't need to work them much.

The thing I really like about the design I'm using is the tremendous improvement in balance and the whole detector seems much lighter. The factory setup is a real arm killer. And also the headphone cord has much less stress on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread