Something old is new again

stevejco

Greenie
Mar 20, 2005
hi all!? I'm a new member but not exactly a newb to THing.? Had a nice Garrett that I bought about 20 yrs ago and have had some good finds(rather be lucky than good). I kinda got caught up with life, (married with children), and had to put MDing on the back burner. Well it's been 7 yrs and I'm ready to have some Fun again! Best of all is that my 9 and 12 yr old sons want to go with me.? I could use your advice on my choices of MDs. Would like to get a good quality MD that the boys wont outgrow anytime soon and would be a decent backup. ? I was leaning towards the ACE 250 but not sure if it will be easy for the boys to handle. For myself I was thinking about the GTAx 550 because it will allow me some versatility and the price right. I chose Garrett only because I'm most familiar with them and they are reliable but I'm open to suggestions. As far as the type of MDing, I have never met a site I didn't like and darkness is the only thing that stops me. lol? I just love being outdoors and I'm a sucker for the thrill of the hunt. Just hope the boys will enjoy it as much as i do. Think it will be some great quality time with them and they might learn a bit about local history while their at it. I plan on hitting a couple spots on the Outer Banks and Myrtle Beach in April should be fun. I look forward to your advice. Sorry I ran a bit long.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Steve

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

stevejco

Greenie
Mar 20, 2005
I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum LOL Sorry I'm such a NEWB!!!

weldermark

Jan 17, 2005
LOU-EVIL KY
Detector(s) used
white's DFX
i would go with a good quality detector where you actually find good things, that way the interest of your kid's won't be lost.

Mark

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your boys would love the ACE250. I've had mine for about 3 weeks now, and it is night and day better than my Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101. It is very sensitive, has all the features (target ID, depth indicator, pinpointing, and multiple modes) and is very lightweight. Just set it to coin mode, set the sensitivity on 4 bars, and let them go hunt! Good luck!

OP
OP
S

stevejco

Greenie
Mar 20, 2005
The ACE 250 sounds like it would be good for the kids. Does anyone have an opinion on the GTAx 550? I appreciate the advice. Thanks Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread