Trinity, Florida

Attachments

• coolscoop.jpg
    coolscoop.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 935
Upvote 0
M

minelabex1000

I haven't found it yet but I'll help look. It appears to be a pretty darn good scooper.

Here's my choice. You can find these babies on ebay. They're built like an army tank yet not too heavy. Truly awesome!

(ELECTROPOLISHED) all stainless steel 6" diameter scoop ;)

Attachments

• scooper2.jpg
    scooper2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 598
  • scoop.jpg
    scoop.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 671
B

Broncox Vernon BC

Had a little time to kill ..........ugly but effective! 8)

Attachments

• sandscoop4.jpg
    sandscoop4.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 654
  • sandscoop2.jpg
    sandscoop2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 534

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Heres some pics of some of the ones Im making. This one weighs in at 1 lb.

I could make you one like you posted.........but that handle angle looks awkward. Looks like you have to pull it thru the sand ??? I use a 50 degree angle on mine so you can step on the back to push it in the wet sand.

Attachments

• scoop3.jpg
    scoop3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 899
  • scoop2.jpg
    scoop2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 452
  • scoop1.jpg
    scoop1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 483

goldther

Nov 30, 2004
il
Detector(s) used
fisher,minelab,fx,2-box
Zeke, please let me know the length of the handle,and the dia. of the holes,also I was wondering why the handle is offset. I would like to know the price and whether you can make length adjustments to the handle. Thanks for your time, Bob

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Heres some more pics.......this one has a longer handle. Im not making them out of the smooth aluminum anymore due to availability of materials. The 6061 treadplate Im using now is pre-bent and less time consuming to work with. Kind of gives it a HotRod look too ;D? ?Also..... I had been MIG welding them up and then buffing the weld smooth.....but have since started TIG welding them and leaving the weld alone. Havent had any of the buffed ones crack or anything....just that the TIG welded bead is so purdy ;D

goldther.......the handle OD is 7/8". The holes on the bottom are about 1/2". On the back they are around 3/8". I drill them to 1/4".......then use a countersink bit to open them up and smooth the edge of the hole. I can make the handles as long or short as needed. I weld the handles on at this angle (offset)? ???? so you can use it like a shovel. In wet sand you can step on the back of it to get down deep. I just dont understand the angle of the other scoops I've seen on the market with a straight up handle.......or even angle back the other way......where you would have to pull it thru the sand. Might be easy it the dry stuff....but I cant see it being effective in the hard packed wet sand.? PM or email me for price.

Attachments

• longscoop4.jpg
    longscoop4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 411
  • longscoop3.jpg
    longscoop3.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 450
  • longscoop2.jpg
    longscoop2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 411
  • longscoop1.jpg
    longscoop1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 437
D

Darod

I like your design but It does look as if the bucket is pretty small? I like the bucket bigger so that you get your target on the first scoop if possible. If your in the water and surf you really want to get the target in the scoop as quickly as possible to prevent the surf from dragging it away!

What are the measurements on the bucket opening and depth? Can you make them a bit bigger? and how big would you be able to make it?

Rod

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
The scoop body(opening) is 5" wide x 3" high but I can make it any depth. The short ones are 6 1/2" deep. The long one is 8" deep. This is all I can do for the opening size for now........Im just using pieces out of the scrap bin that already have the bend in them.

If there is enough interest Im going to buy some bigger material to work with and make them bigger at home. Im doing all these on my breaks at work. How big of an opening would you prefer?

OP
OP
buckmild1

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
Hey Zeke. I am liking the looks of yer scoops. How much for a likeness of the one with the rubber grip long handle and full weld. My PVC DIY is on its last leg. Go ahead and laugh. Everyone else that has seen it has. I spent all the money I could on a new detector and am just not able to convince the wife to give me a go ahead on a new scoop. Got a vibra probe to trade if you are interested. I was hoping to hit a ring and easy her anxiety but it just hasn't panned out yet. I know it will with the crowds picking up at the beach and the weather getting back to normal Florida style. HH.

CHRIS

Attachments

• mysandscoopsmall.jpg
    mysandscoopsmall.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 363

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread