BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I realize some may not want to share their secret spots.
That being said, I am in Daytona (Ormond) Beach and we are looking to make day trips to hunt different locations for our best bang for the time we have (1 week). Any leads would be greatly appreciated and we could return the favor with places to hunt along the North Carolina coastline. We are also looking for places to check beaches for erosion or current webcams.

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Luck!! May the Surf Gods Be with you!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
luck med_662355227edf550dbc.gif ...anywhere people go you will find some thing - no one is going to put you on "their" gold site
I hunt south Fla. now and then - no one has ever told me where to go to find gold - I use a hit and run method to find spots
and it has worked for me over the years - funny though when I do good - how many locals PM me or email me and ask
where I went or go - the time I got 26 gold in 4 days on a trip down there
...I got a ton of emails saying "can you help a brother out...been in a draught"
Though when I asked before I went down if anyone wanted to hook up - all I got was crickets.
There is one guy I met down there years ago that does not post - met him like 10 yrs ago at South bch and been friends ever since
He hooks up with me when he can when I'm down that way
he put me on gold a few times and I have put him on gold in return. When I'm down there and find a good spot without him - I will let him know where I came upon spots he might want to get into and he has come up with gold.
Hope you can meet someone like that :thumbsup:
Just some of my Fla. trip finds
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1617.html

Last edited:

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
One way I check beaches is look at the beach cams in the area your in, you can see if people are in the water and where the towel line is. My wife has even checked up on me, seeing if Im detecting or drinking.:occasion14: Good Luck.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One way I check beaches is look at the beach cams in the area your in, you can see if people are in the water and where the towel line is. My wife has even checked up on me, seeing if Im detecting or drinking.:occasion14: Good Luck.
Most of my beaches up here - you are wasting your time hitting at any time other than 2 hrs before low and 2 hrs after
but there are mnay Fla. I have found you can hit at any time of the day and still get the gold - one reason are that people are able to be
in the waters down there 365 days a year - so stuff is being lost (weather permitting) on a daily basis - up here You rarely will see
anyone in the water before Memorial day and even then the waters are cold - so even if temps are in the 80s by then - people will only go in like knee deep - maybe waist deep
and beaches usually close at Labor day - kids go back to school - so you will only get people at the beaches on weekends after that - only when sun is out - so we only look
at 4 months of swimmers for the most part. After Labor day - hunters by the droves hammer beaches up here and work them systematically - so they get pretty clean from chest
deep to shore...so unless you can find a place with sand movement - which is rare until northeasters appear in the winter - water finds get real thin
So as long as you have fairly decent down in Fla. where people are jumping in - you should be able to find at least fresh drops. If you have the time - try and spend time at
one of the more popular spots and see where everyone is during both low and high - Most times I go down I try to go when tides are at sunrise and sunset...when
I have waters mostly to myself with freedom of movement, but there are times when I pick a spot and my GF rents a chair and we spend all day and I'm able to see
just where everyone hangs during low and during high and I can plan my next hunt accordingly. It can be tough when you are only down there limited time-
but ive learn about many spots down there over the years and now and then you can get luckily and find a spot with some sand movement and get more
than just the fresh stuff. Good Luck

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I don't live in that area, I am on the West coast, mostly, or at this time. I have hunted Daytona, and it is tough. The beach is very flat. High tide is way up the beach and at low tide it is way out. I didn't do well theremainlyhunted where hightide does not go. Mostly just lost change. I have only been there when it was rough and did not water hunt. Like the other said go where people are. I have always thought New Smyrna beach would be good but never hunted it. Maybe go out to Ponce inlet beach. South of Daytona.

hookahman

Aug 6, 2013
Well I will tell you south beach is dead! The past two weekends I have been bumping into 6-7 sharks less than 20 feet from shore and the life guards are throwing up the double reds. I myself am going to other spots in the world, chasing that summer sun. Granted Fort Lauderdale looked pretty good last Saturday when I was there for a concert.....just a thought.

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like South Beach is the place to be! Casper recently did very well in that area. And for sharks, well the ocean is their home. Good luck, where every you decide to go.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like South Beach is the place to be! Casper recently did very well in that area. And for sharks, well the ocean is their home. Good luck, where every you decide to go.
Just got to hope for calm (or calm enough) waters - a few others let me know they got gold there too when they were down there
if waters are rough - the bottom is getting stirred some where - you just got to find it and hope for it to calm down so you can get in

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...actually the last 2 wedding bands I got down there - were in the soft sand area - bout 30 + yards from shore at low
and I barely touched it out there - got apple i7 and go pro out there - not much else

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my tip:

Look east for water. When you see it, go to it. Find the highest end hotel near you. Hunt the beach in front of that. Look for scallop sections and try those.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread