Look what I found on the beach this morning! Must be worth a million$$$$!

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Attachments

• IMG_6323.JPG
    IMG_6323.JPG
    1,019.4 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_6322.JPG
    IMG_6322.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_6321.JPG
    IMG_6321.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 195
Upvote 0

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Salvage rights, Baby! Could it have been drifting around out there since the hurricanes?

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, it is really stuck. The waterline was about 18" out of the water. And the wind is blowing on shore for several days. We just had a cold front go through. I would hate to have that towing bill! They are going to have to jet out the sand under it and tow at the same time and do it with high, high tide. Sand bars are out beyond it. The trough could float it fully at high tide. The people were still on it. I missed the landing! I guess they were protecting against salvage claims.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6C99A90E-6EBE-4B41-8C3C-AD66488B5249.gif

Jump aboard and raise the flag so that you can go detect the Southern Hemisphere beaches during this winter.

I second the banner find!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, it is really stuck. The waterline was about 18" out of the water. And the wind is blowing on shore for several days. We just had a cold front go through. I would hate to have that towing bill! They are going to have to jet out the sand under it and tow at the same time and do it with high, high tide. Sand bars are out beyond it. The trough could float it fully at high tide. The people were still on it. I missed the landing! I guess they were protecting against salvage claims.

Oh, they had a really bad day then. I was thinking it had just broken loose somewhere. Tough luck. I've bottomed out at low tide, in a 13 footer! 15HP. Just hop out and push her to deeper water. Ha. Not an option here.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had one on Siesta last year..... took a couple of days and i saw a lot of head scratching from the guys trying to get it off the beach. Been in that situation on Lido once with my buddy. We anchored to close to shore .... the wind changed as did the tide and waves. We started detecting...... then seen it on the beach. If it hadnt been for passer bys ...... we were in trouble, it was tipping over.

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A friend just texted me who goes there often ( I was just checking how bad the surf was- gotta believe Windfinder) and he said they are putting air bags under it now. We'll see how this goes.

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Look underneath it, Its also known as a hole in the water that we throw money into. I would know.

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to get a bigger scoop

This is oceanside

Attachments

• IMG_1659.JPG
    IMG_1659.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 160

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might have a cargo worth a million,or more

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes a BOAT- bring on another thousand, is a hole in the water that we try to fill with money. I have several. They can all be pricey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread