Which detector should ı buy

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to everyone
I am looking a new metal detector which one is the best for saltwater and black sand i have a at pro and its going crazy all time i want to hunt shallow saltwater with snorkelling

Your going to need a PI machine like the Sand Shark, Surfmaster Dual Field, Excalibre, no discrimination on these guys.... or something like the CZ-21 that can discriminate.

OP
OP
scarfaceses26

scarfaceses26

Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your going to need a PI machine like the Sand Shark, Surfmaster Dual Field, Excalibre, no discrimination on these guys.... or something like the CZ-21 that can discriminate.
Yes I m looking sand shark and surfmaster dual field but ı dont which one is the best and deeper

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Dual Field and it will go as deep as you will want to dig! That said, you will be digging a lot if in a trashy area, like lots of heir clips, fish hooks etc. Great machine however I do find the 10" loop is front heavy for my liking. Can't comment on the Sand Shark although they are highly thought of here. Also use a CZ-21 which I also love.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The Excaliber II is 17 frequencies and discriminates. If you get a PI machine, prepare to dig a whole lot of trash - but they go very very deep.

OP
OP
scarfaceses26

scarfaceses26

Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Excaliber II is 17 frequencies and discriminates. If you get a PI machine, prepare to dig a whole lot of trash - but they go very very deep.
Yeah ı know a minelab excalibur 2 its a good machine but i dont know how is working in the saltwater and black sand
Deteknix scuba tector how is this for just handheld and sorry my bad english [emoji16]

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Excalibur discriminates just fine, thank you. In fact, it's arguably the best underwater detector for those who want to go deeper than 10 feet and also want discrimination. You can dive to 200 feet and it has 17 frequencies, so, it's very stable and virtually unaffected by mineralization. The CZ21 is another good choice for a discriminating machine. PI machines are also fine in salt water, but, they can't discriminate. If you don't have much iron trash, that might be a more economical option. Sand Shark if moneys' an issue, Garrett Infinium LS if it isn't. Don't buy a single frequency VLF machine for salt water! You just found out why with the AT Pro.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excal is the king of saltwater, it is made for hunting salt water beaches, waterproof to 200 foot, it has discrimination but don't recommend using it. Excal nulls on iron, if it nulls from 2 different directions move on, if not dig it. I have dug dozens of gold rings that sounded like trash.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're just going to wade or stay in water less than 10 feet deep, you also have the option of a CTX or the upcoming Equinox. Both are waterproof to that depth, discriminate, and have an I.D. display to give you lots of information if needed. That isn't all that important in the water, but, they are (CTX) and should be (Equinox) a great land machine too.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Sand Shark, with the 8" coil. It is as deep as the Dual Field and more stable in the water. Lifetime warranty for original owner (mucho importado to a water hunter!), and costs less than them all!

OP
OP
scarfaceses26

scarfaceses26

Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're just going to wade or stay in water less than 10 feet deep, you also have the option of a CTX or the upcoming Equinox. Both are waterproof to that depth, discriminate, and have an I.D. display to give you lots of information if needed. That isn't all that important in the water, but, they are (CTX) and should be (Equinox) a great land machine too.
Yes ı just hunting shallow and surf areas 10 feet deep is good for me and ı dont want a discriminate now 3 machine is good for me 1 surfmaster dual field
2 tesoro sand shark and 3 cz 21

OP
OP
scarfaceses26

scarfaceses26

Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excal is the king of saltwater, it is made for hunting salt water beaches, waterproof to 200 foot, it has discrimination but don't recommend using it. Excal nulls on iron, if it nulls from 2 different directions move on, if not dig it. I have dug dozens of gold rings that sounded like trash.
Excalibur 2 is a good machine but its very expensive in izmir [emoji16]

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CZ21 isn't much cheaper than the Excalibur. The Sand Shark is the best pulse induction machine for the money.

OP
OP
scarfaceses26

scarfaceses26

Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CZ21 isn't much cheaper than the Excalibur. The Sand Shark is the best pulse induction machine for the money.
And what do you think deteknix scuba tector is it good in the saltwater

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks to be more of a pin pointer type detector similar to a Vibratector by Treasure Products. It's a PI machine and would work like one. I would think it would be good in tight areas and working around large metal objects, like metal posts, pilings. piers, and reinforced concrete. It's only 16+inches long (40-45cm), so, it's not a detector that you would swing standing up. It's for diving only.

OP
OP
scarfaceses26

scarfaceses26

Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks to be more of a pin pointer type detector similar to a Vibratector by Treasure Products. It's a PI machine and would work like one. I would think it would be good in tight areas and working around large metal objects, like metal posts, pilings. piers, and reinforced concrete. It's only 16+inches long (40-45cm), so, it's not a detector that you would swing standing up. It's for diving only.
Thanks your answers maybe ı can buy a minelab excalibur 2 one day ı want it very much but its very expensive now in turkey

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe ı must be wait for equinox

That might be a good idea, unless you need a machine now. Get two machines if you can afford it. Water machines will need work sooner or later and sometimes the repairs take a while. It's nice to have a backup.....or in my case, two! I don't like being without a water machine. :icon_thumleft:

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as you don't drop it in the sea...get a Minelab Explorer 2.

Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread