excal battary problem???

PENNYHUNTER

Aug 19, 2007
Orangvalle
Detector(s) used
explorer se,excal 1000,whites MXT,and a E-trac
I have read several reviews on the excal and I hear people complain about the battery charger not having a light to tell you its charged. Sure it would be nice but till minlab puts one on it all you need is a DC volt meeter and look in the clear battery tub to see what side is + (red) and what side is- (black) and check it with the meeter. This is what I do before I go out with it. I took a pic to show you. This reading is after about threehours of use on three different days full charge was something like 13.4 volt are something like that.

Attachments

• IMG_1406.JPG
    IMG_1406.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1407.JPG
    IMG_1407.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 226
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is helpful to those having the clear battery pack.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You can also buy a battery case for the Excal that holds Alkaline Batteries for a backup. I usually load mine with Panasonic 8AA for $2.00 at Big Lots and they are good for about 8 hours. I had my Excal serviced last year and they replaced the old housing with the new. So the old Square shaped battery case wouldn't fit the new one so I took a hacksaw to it and cut it to fit. I use it for the alkalines, had to trim the AA battery holder down so it would slide in and out easily. Now I carry a rechargeable and Alkaline whenever I go to the beach. ;D
And use my voltmeter to check my charge. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread